Minutes of the JEE 5 Working Group meeting Mar 15, 2007
Teleconference on JEE 5 Support in WTP Mar 15, 2007
- Naci Dai - Eteration
- Chuck Bridgham - IBM
- Kaloyan Raev - SAP
- Hristo Sabev - SAP
- Neil Hauge - Oracle
- Dave Gorton-BEA
- Rob Frost -BEA
- Feedback on JEE 5 Facets and Projects Bugs
- Other items
- CB: Scenario document is available at the webttols website. The scenario includes
EJB3 + JPA - Deployment descriptors. Please see: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components/j2ee/scenarios/jee5_application_creation_tutorial.html
- CB: We are also enhancing deployable Classes (Run On Support) see Bugs: 177548
We have support for EJBs but at a simple level for EJB3. EJB3 projects in 2.0 and Run As: Run On is very simple. We do not need deployment descriptors.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=177553 API for faceted projects uses DM APIs , there is no need to know facet
- CB: The progress on XML Descriptor Models
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176097 XML Descriptor model We may not have implementation but we will have interfaces and extensions - Maybe we can get help from SAP We will not have things like project navigator extensions and such. Just model APIs
- CB: Import/Export Archives - Import archives for deployment descriptor models needs to be finished. We may bot be able discriminate the contents of the archive (i.e. annotations)
- HS: JEM is now in WTP. Are there any plans to add/have annotation support in it.
- CB: No we are trying to move away from it. It only has models for Java5 but does not exploit them. Annotation support should come from JDT/APT api. How do you handle it at SAP?
- HS: We do not have a model for annotations, it is code centric, work in Java classes. JEM would be useful there.
- ND: The PMC position on JEM is to maintain it until all dependencies on JEM are removed from WTP. This may take some time. Currently there are no committers who actively develop JEM.
Please add your comment here: