Rather than a project plan, this page is, at the moment, a place to collect ideas about potential new features. This will be turned into an actual project plan for the milestones to come once the team will have agreed on the list.
I/O and HW interactions
- Provide GPIO access for Linux (see https://github.com/rsisto/luaGpio)
- Provide a functional monitoring engine that allows to have specific handlers triggered on events such as "GPIO1 has been under X threshold for 5min"
- Investigate system calls in Lua (see https://github.com/justincormack/ljsyscall)
Build / Continuous Integration
- Perform continuous integration of the Mihini platform, inc. execution of test campagins
- Automate the generation of SD card images for RaspberryPi and BeagleBoard (may prove difficult in terms of licensing?)
- Investigate LLVM
- Investigate if it'd be possible to have a Mihini lite engine implemented in pure Lua and/or Java that could be hosted in the IDE thus allowing really fast prototyping (provided no access to system libraries etc. is done in the user code)
- Run Mihini on an Open Hardware platform
- Provide a developer kit to get started with Mihini very quick