Difference between revisions of "IoT/M2MIWG/TLP Charter Draft"
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
The '''Eclipse M2M''' Top-Level Project is an open source collaborative software development project dedicated to providing extensible, standards-based
The '''Eclipse M2M''' Top-Level Project is an open source collaborative software development project dedicated to providing extensible, standards-based , runtimes and tools for M2M and the Internet of Things.
* Descriptive name: xxx
* Descriptive name: xxx
Revision as of 06:13, 1 July 2013
This charter was developed in accordance with the Eclipse Development Process and outlines the mission, scope, organization, and development process for the Eclipse M2M Top-Level Project. This document extends the Eclipse Standard Top-Level Charter v1.1, and includes the required content and overrides which follow. It is anticipated that as the standard charter is updated, this charter will incorporate the changes and make adjustments as seen fit by the PMC, and with approval from the EMO and board of directors.
The Eclipse M2M Top-Level Project is an open source collaborative software development project dedicated to providing extensible, standards-based protocols, runtimes and tools for M2M and the Internet of Things.
- Descriptive name: xxx
- Nickname: xxx
The mission of the project is to provide:
- Protocols implementations that can easily be consumed by third-party
- Runtimes that abstract the complexity of direct hardware and communication stack manipulation
- Tools that xxx
This document describes the composition and organization of the project, roles and responsibilities of the participants, and development process for the project.
The scope of Eclipse M2M is as follows:
- Implementation of communication protocols applicable to M2M communications due to their nature (bandwidth efficiency, security, ...)
- Investigation and research related to future protocols
- Implementation of services needed for operating fleets of things (application management, device management, ...)
- Tooling for supporting the development and the operation of such fleets
The project will initially be structured into the following sub-projects:
- Paho: Paho delivers reference implementations for the MQTT protocol
Services and Runtimes
The project will initially be structured into the following sub-projects, xxx
- Ponte (?)
The Incubator will focus on new developments that are relevant to the other Eclipse M2M sub-projects, which because of their nature would not be appropriate for direct inclusion in the effected sub-project. This could be because the work is still experimental, will have a longer timeline than can be contained within a single release, has dependencies on external IP that has not yet cleared the Eclipse Foundation IP process, or is simply potentially too destabilizing in nature.
Out of scope