The Machine to Machine (M2M) space combines systems from the embedded space and the enterprise/cloud space. This page catalogs example scenarios from the M2M space that capture combined overall M2M system requirments that may not traditionally exist in either the embedded space or the enterprise/cloud space. It is expected that sepcific M2M Problem Descriptions will reference these scenarios. This catalog is meant to serve as an educational tool for developers and architects who are new to M2M and as a reference during development of M2M technologies at Eclipse.
M2M Scenario Description Template
The following is the template for an M2M Scenario Description.
- M2M Scenario Number - Incremental id number from Scenario list page for easy reference in other pages/docs.
- M2M Scenario Name - Descriptive name of the scenario
- M2M Scenario Description - Description of the scenario.
- Related M2M Scenario Numbers - Numbers of other scenarios that are closely related to this one.
- Referenced By M2M Problems - Numbers of M2M Problems that are specifically demonstrated by this scenario.
When creating a new M2M scenario description, please add it to the list of links below, claiming the next number in the sequence. Then add your scenario description to the descriptions section below.
M2M Scenario List
M2M Scenario Descriptions
M2M-Scenario-001 : Food Refrigeration Unit Failure
A regional office for a food store chain wants to detect increasing temperatures in their store's meat freezers and delivery vehicles. Upon detecting that the temperature has increased above a specified threshold, a group of analytic processes will access the system for additional data such as the customer activity level (indicator of the doors opening and closing a lot), on/off cycle frequency of the refrigeration compressor, and the recent history of refrigerant temperature values. Based on the outcomes of the analytic processes, a root cause will be determined and appropriate actions to remedy the situation will be started: maintenance tech dispatch, notification to store manager, etc.