The M2M Industry Working Group is working on setting up a demonstrator of the technologies that are being developed under its umbrella.
It has been decided to go with the use case of a connected greenhouse, reporting its status (temperature, humidity, luminosity) and being controllable (turning artificial lighting on/off).
Demonstrator hardware setup
- a table top green-house
- an Arduino UNO : http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno for sensor acquisition
- a light sensor : http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/grove-light-sensor-p-746.html?cPath=25_27
- a moisture sensor : http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/grove-moisture-sensor-p-955.html?cPath=25_27
- a temperature sensor http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/grove-temperature-sensor-p-774.html?cPath=25_27
- a servo for opening the greenhouse http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/emax-9g-es08a-high-sensitive-mini-servo-p-760.html?cPath=39_41
- a Raspberry Pi : http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs for running Mihini and communicating with the m2m.eclipse.org server