Face to Face Meeting
Date: January 31, 2012
Time: 9:00 - 17:00 (UK time)
Location: IBM Hursley
The linked PDF File:Visiting IBM Hursley.pdf contains lots of good info for anyone visiting IBM Hursley
NOTE: A dinner is being planned for the evening of January 30th, see below.
NOTE: Attendence is open to individuals that are members of the M2M Industry Working Group and invited guests.
- Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation, @mmilinkov
- Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation, @ianskerrett
- Benjamin Cabé, Sierra Wireless, @kartben
- Gaétan Morice, Sierra Wireless, @gmorice
- Jean-Yves Reynaud, Sierra Wireless
- Andy Piper, IBM, @andypiper @mqttorg
- Dave Locke, IBM, @davejlocke
- Peter Niblett, IBM
- Ian Craggs, IBM, @icraggs
- Nick O'Leary, IBM, @knolleary
- Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM, @andysc (pm only)
- Arlen Nipper, Eurotech, @EurotechFan
- Robert Andres, Eurotech
- Marco Carrer, Eurotech
- Roger Light, mosquitto.org, @ralight
- Jens Wiegand, Wind River
- Ben Pirt, Pachube, @bjpirt
- Kai Hudalla, Bosch
- Stefan Ferber, Bosch
- Ken Boak, Nanode, @monsonite
- Nick Humfrey, MQTT community, @njh
- Gerry Reilly, IBM (Director, WebSphere Messaging and Integration)
- Mark Bunday, IBM (Briefing Consultant)
Invited Guests / Awaiting Confirmation
- Scott de Deugd, IBM
| Do we want to start any earlier than 9am for light breakfast and coffee etc? or start at 9?
NB need to add a couple of breaks and lunch ~~andyp
Here's a link to the IWG Charter as context for the group
- Breakfast available
- Introduction / Welcome to Hursley (Gerry)
- Company Introductions (15 minutes each)
- Sierra Wireless
- Detailed discussions and review of [M2M Roadmap] (Benjamin, Scott)
- Project plan for M2M IWG for next 12-18 months
- (between 12.30/1.30) tour of the Emerging Technologies lab (IBM ETS team)
- Review of Koneki plans (Benjamin)
- Review of Paho plans (Arlen, Scott)
- Mosquitto Overview (Roger)
- Community and Marketing for M2M IWG (Ian)
1700 Close and departures
Group Dinner Jan 30th
Those staying in Winchester overnight on Monday Jan 30th may wish to have dinner together.
Depending on the size of the group, there are a few options, most within easy walking distance of the hotel, all marked on the Google Map.
Those listed may be able to accommodate the expected ~15 people.
- The Plough, in nearby Sparsholt village (British pub - out-of-town, taxi or car required)
- Loch Fyne (Fish)
- ASK (Italian)
- Dim T (Oriental fusion)
- The Wykeham Arms (British pub/18th Century coaching inn)
In all cases, booking is highly recommended. Ian Skerrett will coordinate numbers.