Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "IoT/Face-2-Face-Meeting-Jan31"

< IoT
m (numbered patticipants list)
(Key Action Items from Meeting)
(42 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
== Face to Face Meeting ==
+
== Face to Face Meeting ==
Date: January 31, 2012
+
  
Time: 9:00 - 17:00  (UK time)
+
Date: January 31, 2012
  
Location: [http://www-05.ibm.com/uk/locations/hursley_explore.html IBM Hursley]
+
Time: 9:00 - 17:00 (UK time)
  
NOTE: A dinner is being planned for the evening of January 30th
+
Location: [http://www-05.ibm.com/uk/locations/hursley_explore.html IBM Hursley]
  
=== Attendees ===
+
The linked PDF [[Image:Visiting IBM Hursley.pdf]] contains lots of good info for anyone visiting IBM Hursley
NOTE: Attendence is open to individuals that are members of the M2M Industry Working Group and invited guests.
+
  
# Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation
+
[http://g.co/maps/mqygh Google Map showing location of suggested hotels and restaurants, as well as IBM]
# Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation
+
# Benjamin Cabé, Sierra Wireless
+
# Gaétan Morice, Sierra Wireless
+
# Jean-Yves Reynaud, Sierra Wireless
+
# Andy Piper, IBM
+
# Dave Locke, IBM
+
# Peter Niblett, IBM
+
# Ian Craggs, IBM
+
# Roger Light, mosquitto.org
+
# Arlen Nipper, Eurotech
+
# Robert Andres, Eurotech
+
# Marco Carrer, Eurotech
+
  
==== Hosts ====
+
NOTE: A dinner is being planned for the evening of January 30th, see below.
* Gerry Reilly, IBM (Director, WebSphere Messaging and Integration)
+
* Mark Bunday, IBM (Briefing Consultant)
+
  
==== Invited Guests / Awaiting Confirmation ====
+
=== Attendees  ===
* Scott de Deugd, IBM
+
* Nick O'Leary, IBM
+
* Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM
+
  
=== Agenda ===
+
NOTE: Attendence is open to individuals that are members of the M2M Industry Working Group and invited guests.
# Introduction / Welcome to Hursley (Gerry)
+
# Company Introductions - Eurotech, IBM, Sierra Wireless  (15 minutes each)
+
# Detailed discussions and review of M2M Roadmap  (Benjamin & Scott)
+
## Project plan for M2M IWG for next 12-18 months
+
# Review of Koneki plans  (Benjamin)
+
# Review of Paho plans  (Arlen and Scott)
+
# Mosquitto Overview  (Roger Light)
+
# Community and Marketing for M2M IWG  (Ian)
+
  
=== Suggested Hotel ===
+
'''Members'''
 +
#Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation, [http://twitter.com/mmilinkov @mmilinkov]
 +
#Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation, [http://twitter.com/ianskerrett @ianskerrett]
 +
#Benjamin Cabé, Sierra Wireless, [http://twitter.com/kartben @kartben]
 +
#Gaétan Morice, Sierra Wireless, [http://twitter.com/gmorice @gmorice]
 +
#Brian Anderson, Sierra Wireless
 +
#Andy Piper, IBM, [http://twitter.com/andypiper @andypiper] [http://twitter.com/mqttorg @mqttorg]
 +
#Dave Locke, IBM, [http://twitter.com/davejlocke @davejlocke]
 +
#Peter Niblett, IBM
 +
#Ian Craggs, IBM, [http://twitter.com/icraggs @icraggs]
 +
#Nick O'Leary, IBM, [http://twitter.com/knolleary @knolleary]
 +
#Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM, [http://twitter.com/andysc @andysc] (pm only)
 +
#Arlen Nipper, Eurotech, [http://twitter.com/EurotechFan @EurotechFan]
 +
#Robert Andres, Eurotech
 +
#Marco Carrer, Eurotech
  
[http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-6619-mercure-winchester-wessex-hotel/index.shtml Mercure Winchester Wessex Hotel]
+
'''Guests'''
 +
#Roger Light, mosquitto.org, [http://twitter.com/ralight @ralight]
 +
#Jens Wiegand, Wind River
 +
#Paul Bellamy, Pachube, [http://twitter.com/pachube @pachube]
 +
#Kai Hudalla, Bosch
 +
#Stefan Ferber, Bosch
 +
#Nick Humfrey, MQTT community, [http://twitter.com/njh @njh]
 +
 
 +
==== Hosts  ====
 +
 
 +
*Gerry Reilly, IBM (Director, WebSphere Messaging and Integration)
 +
*Mark Bunday, IBM (Briefing Consultant)
 +
 
 +
==== By phone  ====
 +
 
 +
*Scott de Deugd, IBM
 +
 
 +
=== Agenda and Slides Used ===
 +
 
 +
Here's a link to the [http://www.eclipse.org/org/industry-workgroups/m2miwg_charter.php IWG Charter] as context for the group
 +
 
 +
8:30 - 9:00 Arrival, Coffee and Light Breakfast
 +
 
 +
0900 - 10:15
 +
 
 +
*Introduction / Welcome to Hursley (Gerry)
 +
*Company Introductions (15 minutes each)
 +
**Eurotech ([[Media:Eurotech_M2M-Final.zip | slides]])
 +
**IBM ([http://www.slideshare.net/andypiper/connecting-a-smarter-planet-bcs-berkshire slides])
 +
**Sierra Wireless ([[Media:SWIR_Overview_-_M2M_IWG.zip | slides]])
 +
**Bosch ([http://wiki.eclipse.org/Image:20120131V02-Bosch-IoTS.pdf slides])
 +
 
 +
10:15-10:30 Coffee Break
 +
 
 +
10:30-12:30
 +
 
 +
*Detailed discussions and review of [[http://wiki.eclipse.org/Machine-to-Machine/M2MIWG/Roadmap M2M Roadmap]] (Benjamin, Scott) ([[Media:M2MIWG_kick-off_-_Roadmap_and_deliverables.pptx.zip|slides]])
 +
**Project plan for M2M IWG for next 12-18 months
 +
 
 +
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
 +
 
 +
*(between 12.30/1.30) tour of the Emerging Technologies lab (IBM ETS team)
 +
 
 +
13:30 - 14:15
 +
 
 +
*Review of Koneki plans (Benjamin) ([[Media:M2MIWG_(kick-off)-_Koneki_project_update.pptx.zip|slides]])
 +
 
 +
14:15 - 15:00
 +
 
 +
*Review of Paho plans (Arlen, Scott) ([[Media:PahoTimeLine2012.zip | slides]])
 +
 
 +
15:00- 15:15 Break
 +
 
 +
15:15 - 15:30
 +
 
 +
*Mosquitto Overview (Roger)
 +
 
 +
15:30 - 15:45 Developer Sandbox
 +
 
 +
15:45 - 16:30 Community Outreach and Marketing
 +
 
 +
*Community and Marketing for M2M IWG (Ian)
 +
 
 +
16:30 - 1700 Wrap-up and Next Steps
 +
 
 +
=== Key Action Items from Meeting ===
 +
 
 +
# Need to work on describing the anatomy of an M2M application - Marco, Benjamin and (maybe) Kai to lead
 +
# Begin work on a meta-model definition of an M2M application - Benjamin to distribute a strawman proposal
 +
# Continue to work on a presentation that describes the M2M IWG vision - Brian, Robert and Ian
 +
# Begin work on a developer portal/web site  - Andy
 +
# Start-up a developer sandbox for Paho  - Roger and Ian

Revision as of 10:20, 7 February 2012

Face to Face Meeting

Date: January 31, 2012

Time: 9:00 - 17:00 (UK time)

Location: IBM Hursley

The linked PDF File:Visiting IBM Hursley.pdf contains lots of good info for anyone visiting IBM Hursley

Google Map showing location of suggested hotels and restaurants, as well as IBM

NOTE: A dinner is being planned for the evening of January 30th, see below.

Attendees

NOTE: Attendence is open to individuals that are members of the M2M Industry Working Group and invited guests.

Members

  1. Mike Milinkovich, Eclipse Foundation, @mmilinkov
  2. Ian Skerrett, Eclipse Foundation, @ianskerrett
  3. Benjamin Cabé, Sierra Wireless, @kartben
  4. Gaétan Morice, Sierra Wireless, @gmorice
  5. Brian Anderson, Sierra Wireless
  6. Andy Piper, IBM, @andypiper @mqttorg
  7. Dave Locke, IBM, @davejlocke
  8. Peter Niblett, IBM
  9. Ian Craggs, IBM, @icraggs
  10. Nick O'Leary, IBM, @knolleary
  11. Andy Stanford-Clark, IBM, @andysc (pm only)
  12. Arlen Nipper, Eurotech, @EurotechFan
  13. Robert Andres, Eurotech
  14. Marco Carrer, Eurotech

Guests

  1. Roger Light, mosquitto.org, @ralight
  2. Jens Wiegand, Wind River
  3. Paul Bellamy, Pachube, @pachube
  4. Kai Hudalla, Bosch
  5. Stefan Ferber, Bosch
  6. Nick Humfrey, MQTT community, @njh

Hosts

  • Gerry Reilly, IBM (Director, WebSphere Messaging and Integration)
  • Mark Bunday, IBM (Briefing Consultant)

By phone

  • Scott de Deugd, IBM

Agenda and Slides Used

Here's a link to the IWG Charter as context for the group

8:30 - 9:00 Arrival, Coffee and Light Breakfast

0900 - 10:15

  • Introduction / Welcome to Hursley (Gerry)
  • Company Introductions (15 minutes each)

10:15-10:30 Coffee Break

10:30-12:30

  • Detailed discussions and review of [M2M Roadmap] (Benjamin, Scott) (slides)
    • Project plan for M2M IWG for next 12-18 months

12:30 - 13:30 Lunch

  • (between 12.30/1.30) tour of the Emerging Technologies lab (IBM ETS team)

13:30 - 14:15

  • Review of Koneki plans (Benjamin) (slides)

14:15 - 15:00

  • Review of Paho plans (Arlen, Scott) ( slides)

15:00- 15:15 Break

15:15 - 15:30

  • Mosquitto Overview (Roger)

15:30 - 15:45 Developer Sandbox

15:45 - 16:30 Community Outreach and Marketing

  • Community and Marketing for M2M IWG (Ian)

16:30 - 1700 Wrap-up and Next Steps

Key Action Items from Meeting

  1. Need to work on describing the anatomy of an M2M application - Marco, Benjamin and (maybe) Kai to lead
  2. Begin work on a meta-model definition of an M2M application - Benjamin to distribute a strawman proposal
  3. Continue to work on a presentation that describes the M2M IWG vision - Brian, Robert and Ian
  4. Begin work on a developer portal/web site - Andy
  5. Start-up a developer sandbox for Paho - Roger and Ian