Difference between revisions of "MWE/Reviews/Indigo"
(New page: This page provides the required ''docuware'' for the '''MWE 2.0 Release Review''', as part of the upcoming '''Indigo Simultaneous Release'''. == Overview == MWE is a declarative statical...)
Latest revision as of 07:44, 1 June 2011
This page provides the required docuware for the MWE 2.0 Release Review, as part of the upcoming Indigo Simultaneous Release.
MWE is a declarative statically-typed language for describing and instantiating Java object graphs.
- Very concise syntax to declaratively define object graphs based on JavaBeans conventions.
- Rich editing environment, based on Xtext
 New in this release
- Some new APIs for different workflow tasks.
 Non-Code Aspects
- Nothing noteworthy
APIs have changed slightly. Mostly new APIs have been introduced.
- The project lead certifies that the requirements for Eclipse Quality APIs have been met for this release.
 Tool Usability
Nothing has been deprecated.
Bugzilla snapshot for Indigo as of June 1st, 2011.
 UI Usability
- MWE conforms to Eclipse User Interface Guidelines
- Eclipse platform standard i18n support used where applicable/possible; stand-alone deployment uses equivalent J2SE APIs
- ICU4J is used
MWE is a “+2” project in the simultaneous release.
- M2 08/17/2010
- M3 09/28/2010
- M4 12/14/2010
- M5 02/08/2011
- M6 03/15/2011 API freeze
- M7 05/03/2011 Feature freeze
- RC1 05/17/2011
- RC2 05/24/2011
- RC3 05/31/2011
- RC4 06/07/2011
- 2.0.0 Final 06/22/2010
- Interaction in Bugzilla
- Activity on the newsgroup
- Collaboration with other projects at Eclipse
 Committer Changes
 IP Issues
The EMF Modeling Workflow Engine project leadership verifies that:
- the about files and use licenses are in place as per the Guidelines to Legal Documentation.
- all contributions (code, documentation, images, etc) have been committed by individuals who are either Members of the Foundation, or have signed the appropriate Committer Agreement. In either case, these are individuals who have signed, and are abiding by, the Eclipse IP Policy.
- all significant contributions have been reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all non-Committer code contributions, including third-party libraries, have been documented in the release and reviewed by the Foundation's legal staff.
- all Contribution Questionnaires have been completed.
- the "provider" field of each plug-in is set to "Eclipse Modeling Project“.
- the "copyright" field of each feature is set to the copyright owner (the Eclipse Foundation is rarely the copyright owner).
- any third-party logos or trademarks included in the distribution (icons, help file logos, etc) have been licensed under the EPL.
- any fonts or similar third-party images included in the distribution (e.g. in PDF or EPS files) have been licensed under the EPL.
The approved MWE project IP log is located at http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/mwe/ip_log/ip_log_indigo.pdf.
 Project Plan
The current project plan is available from http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=technology.emf.mwe.
Draft development plan for MWE 2.1 is not yet available.