Difference between revisions of "MDT/UML2"
(stunningly no-one had thought to link MDT/UML2 to MDT-UML2Tools.... after all, who could possibly confuse the two...)
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
== Plans ==
== Plans ==
* [http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/uml2/project-info/.xml&component=UML2 Galileo Project Plan]
=== Archive ===
=== Archive ===
Revision as of 13:54, 17 September 2009
The objectives of the UML2 component are to provide
- a useable implementation of the UML metamodel to support the development of modeling tools
- a common XMI schema to facilitate interchange of semantic models
- test cases as a means of validating the specification
- validation rules as a means of defining and enforcing levels of compliance
Although MDT/UML2 provides the metamodel, it does not provide UML modelling tools themselves. One implementation is MDT-UML2Tools
Frequently Asked Questions
This is not the correct project if you want to create UML2 models. For that you want MDT-UML2Tools
- New and Noteworthy features in the Galileo release, by milestone
- UML2 2.0 Migration Guide - Explains how to migrate from UML2 1.x to UML2 2.0.
- UML2 2.1 Migration Guide - Explains how to migrate from UML2 2.0.x to UML2 2.1.
- UML2 2.2 Migration Guide - Explains how to migrate from UML2 2.2.x to UML2 3.0.
- Getting Started With UML2 - Explains how to start creating UML2 models.
- Introduction to UML2 Profiles - Explains how to work with UML2 profiles.
- Customizing UML: Which Technique is Right for You - Explains how to customize UML to suit specific domains.
- Defining Generics with UML Templates - Explains how UML templates can be used to specify generics and how the UML representation maps to Ecore and Java.
- Creating Robust Scalable DSL's with UML: EclipseCon2008: Tutorial - Slides from "Creating Robust Scalable DSL's with UML" tutorial at EclipseCon 2008. (nb this is completely illegible on Firefox under linux)
- To follow along with step-by-step examples, add the following URL to your Update Manager: http://archive.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/updates/EclipseCon2008-UML-Tutorial/site.xml
(None of these talks are viewable unless you have Internet Explorer)
- New Features of UML2: EclipseCon2008: Long Talk - Slides from "New Features of UML2" long talk at EclipseCon 2008.
- UML2 Long Talk - Slides from "What do YOU want UML to be?" long talk at EclipseCon 2007.
- UML2 2.0 Release Review - Slides from Eclipse Foundation of the UML2 2.0 release.
- UML2 Short Talk - Slides from "What's New in UML2?" short talk at EclipseCon 2006.
- UML2 1.1 Release Review - Slides from Eclipse Foundation of the UML2 1.1 release.
- EMF / UML2 Project Sprint - Slides from "EMF and UML2 Project Sprint" at EclipseCon 2005.
- Eclipse UML2 Project Technology Exchange - Slides from "EMF Technology in Practice" technology exchange at EclipseCon 2004.
- Eclipse UML2 Project Poster Session - Slides from "The Eclipse Tools UML2 Project" poster session at EclipseCon 2004.
- UML specification RTF process: http://www.omgwiki.org/uml2-rtf/doku.php?id=start
- XMI interchange work: http://www.omgwiki.org/model-interchange/doku.php?id=start
- XMI validator: http://syseng.nist.gov/se-interop/sysml/validator
- UML™ Resource Page - The OMG's page of UML™ resources.
- UML™ 2.0 Superstructure and Infrastructure Revision Task Force Issues - The current list of open RTF issues.
- UML2 Project Dashboard - Provides a sense of how well the project is functioning.