BPMN2 is an open source component of the Model Development Tools (MDT) subproject to provide a metamodel implementation based on the forthcoming Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 OMG specification.
The objectives of the BPMN2 component are to provide
- an open source "reference" implementation of the BPMN 2.0 specification
- an EMF-based foundation on which business process modeling tools can be built
- a basis for integrating and interchanging artifacts between business process modeling tools
- a forum for engaging the community in validation of the BPMN 2.0 specification
- an opportunity for increased collaboration between Eclipse and the OMG