BPMN2 is an open source component of the Model Development Tools (MDT) subproject to provide a metamodel implementation based on the forthcoming Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 OMG specification.
The objectives of the BPMN2 component are to provide
- an open source "reference" implementation of the BPMN 2.0 specification
- an EMF-based foundation on which business process modeling tools can be built
- a basis for integrating and interchanging artifacts between business process modeling tools
- a forum for engaging the community in validation of the BPMN 2.0 specification
- an opportunity for increased collaboration between Eclipse and the OMG
- November '10: Reiner posted technical article "BPMN 2.0 File Formats: With a Transformation to a Transformation"
- October '10: Reiner posted technical article "Making of the BPMN 2.0 Metamodel for Eclipse: Merge and Conquer"
- July '10: Reiner posted technical article "BPMN 2.0 Metamodel Implementation for Eclipse: Get it and Use it"
- June '10: Welcome to Reiner Hille-Doering as new committer on the BPMN 2.0 project!
- June '10: We received an important contribution with the final specification artifacts. Check bug 316591
- June '10: Antoine Toulme spoke at the Eclipse/OMG symposium
- Dec '09: Intalio, Inc contributed a metamodel based on the BPMN 2.0 beta 1 xsd.
- Implement a Java-based metamodel for BPMN 2.0
- Implement a validation suite for BPMN 2.0 processes (in collaboration with the OMG)
- Provide a set of graphics for BPMN 2.0 shapes
- BPMN2 component proposal
- MDT home page
- Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 RFP
- STP BPMN home page