Jump to: navigation, search

Difference between revisions of "M2T Meeting 2008-04-17"

(Call Information)
(Minutes)
 
(5 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Time==
 
==Time==
* Thu, Apr 17 @ 1700 CET, 1100 EDT, 0800 PDT
+
* Thu, Apr 17 @ 1700 CEST, 1100 EDT, 0800 PDT
 +
* See the times in your [http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2008&month=4&day=17&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=37&p2=179&p3=224 time zone].
  
 
=== Call Information ===
 
=== Call Information ===
Line 22: Line 23:
  
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
* TBD
+
* Reminders: Ganymede components need to start working on release review slides
 +
* Components
 +
** what to do with shared/common
 +
** does Backend need to be a new component, or can it fit into one of common/shared
 +
** identify component leads and identify separate committer lists
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
* TBD
+
* Bernd, Sven, Arno, Jan, Peter, Paul, Jonathon
  
 
==Minutes==
 
==Minutes==
* TBD
+
* Xpand team to decide whether the current XPand stream will be released as part of Ganymede. Considerations:
 +
** Pro: Releasing an Eclipse-based Xpand demonstrates commitment
 +
** Con: Planned rework based on new Backend is likely to introduce incompatibilities.
 +
 
 +
* Components
 +
** Xpand and MTL components are to identify a component lead, and a list of committers.
 +
** Paul will forward this information to the EMO along with a request to have the JET, XPand and MTL components correctly and completely created. This will include separate committer lists, etc...
 +
** Paul will also forward a request to the EMO to remove the Shared and Common components, as these have no function without any code
 +
** Arno will prepare a new component proposal for Backend. (Paul will send Arno a link to a sample proposal).
 +
 
 +
* Leadership
 +
** The modeling PMC has agreed to make Bernd a co-lead of the project. There are just a few more e-mails to send to make this official.
 +
 
 +
* Meeting dial-in
 +
** Dial-in from Europe is still a problem, often requiring operator assistance. Paul will try to get the provider to fix this.
 +
** Bernd reports success dialing in from a cell phone - this is a positive improvement!
 +
** Also, Paul is able to add participants from the call. If you are having problems joining a call, please e-mail Paul with your number, and I will try to join you in.
  
 
== Next meeting ==
 
== Next meeting ==

Latest revision as of 11:57, 17 April 2008

Time

  • Thu, Apr 17 @ 1700 CEST, 1100 EDT, 0800 PDT
  • See the times in your time zone.

Call Information

Call Information
Conference ID 1556241
Local Dial-in number 613-787-5018
Toll-free Dial-in number 1 866-842-3549
International Toll-free Dial-in number 800-4444-7070
Information 1 866 224-5844
  • International Toll-free number notes
    • Dialing from a cellular network does not work!
    • If the conference ID is not recognized, try again. After the third failure, you will be transfered to an operator who will ask for the conference ID (1556241), sponsoring company (IBM) and meeting organizer (Paul Elder).
    • Pressing *0 may bring you directly to an operator.

Agenda

  • Reminders: Ganymede components need to start working on release review slides
  • Components
    • what to do with shared/common
    • does Backend need to be a new component, or can it fit into one of common/shared
    • identify component leads and identify separate committer lists

Attendees

  • Bernd, Sven, Arno, Jan, Peter, Paul, Jonathon

Minutes

  • Xpand team to decide whether the current XPand stream will be released as part of Ganymede. Considerations:
    • Pro: Releasing an Eclipse-based Xpand demonstrates commitment
    • Con: Planned rework based on new Backend is likely to introduce incompatibilities.
  • Components
    • Xpand and MTL components are to identify a component lead, and a list of committers.
    • Paul will forward this information to the EMO along with a request to have the JET, XPand and MTL components correctly and completely created. This will include separate committer lists, etc...
    • Paul will also forward a request to the EMO to remove the Shared and Common components, as these have no function without any code
    • Arno will prepare a new component proposal for Backend. (Paul will send Arno a link to a sample proposal).
  • Leadership
    • The modeling PMC has agreed to make Bernd a co-lead of the project. There are just a few more e-mails to send to make this official.
  • Meeting dial-in
    • Dial-in from Europe is still a problem, often requiring operator assistance. Paul will try to get the provider to fix this.
    • Bernd reports success dialing in from a cell phone - this is a positive improvement!
    • Also, Paul is able to add participants from the call. If you are having problems joining a call, please e-mail Paul with your number, and I will try to join you in.

Next meeting

  • Every third Thursday of the month. Reminders will be automatically sent to m2t-dev@eclipse.org
  • The next meeting Thursday, May 15