This page is intended for M2T-JET committers and other developers working with the JET source
Builds and Promotion
Galileo (and Helios?) promote fixes
The Eclipse Jar signing process is corrupting the org.eclipse.jet_1.0.x.yyyyyyyy.jar.gz file. See Bug 275150. As a work around, perform the following after a successful build, but prior to promotion to the Eclipse download sites:
- log into the build server (modeling.eclipse.org) using putty
- Use sudo to become the build user.
sudo -u apache -i
Within the sudo shell, perform the following commands:
- Change to the build directory (e.g. /home/www-data/build/modeling/m2t/jet/downloads/drops/x.y.z/build-id).
- Use the zip' command to delete the org.eclipse.jet_a.b.c.qualifier.jar.gz from the Master zip (m2t-jet-Master-build-id-or-alias.zip).
- Use the md5sum command to recompute the MD5 hash of the master zip file (m2t-jet-Master-build-id-or-alias.zip).
- Exit sudo
The following is an example of the commands given to the sudo shell.
cd /home/www-data/build/modeling/m2t/jet/downloads/drops/1.0.1/S200909010949 zip -d m2t-jet-Master-1.0.1RC2.zip eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.jet_1.0.1.v200908201022.jar.pack.gz md5sum m2t-jet-Master-1.0.1RC2.zip > m2t-jet-Master-1.0.1RC2.zip.md5 exit
Finally, promote the build as usual.