The Tracked Resource Set (TRS) Software Development Kit (SDK) consists of two primary pieces; a toolkit and reference applications.
The goal of the TRS toolkit is to provide a simple set of java beans that represent the entities within the TRS specification. Additionally, a convenient set of string constants that represent the TRS properties is provided.
Loading the TRS Toolkit
- Eclipse 3.6 or higher IDE
- EGit team provider for git (recommended) or git command line package.
- m2eclipse for Maven support in the Eclipse IDE
- Lyo client requires a Java 1.6 compiler and Java 1.6 runtime. The Eclipse project settings have been set appropriately. If you are building outside of Eclipse, please use Java 1.6.
Clone the Lyo Core git repository
This example assumes EGit is being used.
- Open the Git Repositories view in Eclipse and click the Clone Git Repository icon
- Use git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.core.git as the URI (browse it also on line). User/Password are not required.
- On the Branch Selection page, select the master branch
- On the Local Destination page, specify a location or accept the default and click Finish
The repository should now show up in your Git Repositories view.
Import Eclipse projects from the git repository
- In the Git Repositories view, right click org.eclipse.lyo.core and select Import Projects
- Select the Import Existing Projects wizard and click Next
- Import the following projects:
You may import the other projects if you like, but they are not required for building the TRS Toolkit.
[Optional] Add the projects to a new working set.
Build all projects
- Expand the OSLC4J project
- Right click pom.xml -> Run As -> Maven clean
- Right click pom.xml -> Run As -> Maven install
- Repeat these steps for the following projects in the listed order:
Exploring the TRS Toolkit
Beans TrackedResourceSet Base AbstractChangeLog ChangeLog EmptyChangeLog ChangeEvent Creation Modification Deletion
toolkit-trs-enhanced No toolkit for the enhanced tier is provided at this time.
toolkit-trs-deluxe The goal of the toolkit-trs-deluxe library is to provide the most inclusive library stack for adopting TRS. This library has the most dependencies and is usually more suited for newer project developments looking to get the biggest headstart . Additionally, a concrete example of this framework is implemented in the TRS Reference application. This library framework will provide the ability for: Generating the TRS services via JAX-RS using Apache Wink (De)Serialization of the TRS Beans through OSLC4J The main addition to this tier is the additional libraries (oslc4j-wink [1.0], oslc4j-jena-provider [1.1-SNAPSHOT]) to support the features enumerated above.
TRS Reference Application
Before following the steps in this section please make sure the TRS Toolkit from section 1 has been loaded into your