- Eclipse 3.6 or 3.7 IDE
- EGit team provider for git (recommended) or git command line package.
- m2eclipse for Maven support in the Eclipse IDE
Clone the Lyo Server git repository
This example assumes EGit is being used.
- Open the Git Repositories view in Eclipse and click the Clone Git Repository icon
- Use git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.server.git as the URI (browse it also on line). User/Password are not required.
- On the Branch Selection page, select the master branch
- On the Local Destination page, specify a location or accept the default and click Finish
The repository should now show up in your Git Repositories view.
Import Eclipse projects from the git repository
- In the Git Repositories view, right click org.eclipse.lyo.server and select Import Projects
- Select the Import Existing Projects wizard and click Next
- Import the following projects:
- [Optional] Add the projects to a new working set.
Find and open the sharepoint.properties file.
Modify the values in the following key/value pairs: adapter_uri=http://localhost:8080/OSLCSharepoint sharepoint_uri=http://www.sharepointserver.com:20001/_vti_bin/listdata.svc username=username password=password
The adapter_uri is used to specify the OSLC adapter which will sit between Microsoft Sharepoint and Rational Team Concert (RTC). It should be a working URI for the OSLC adapter servlet, e.g. http://localhost:8080/OSLCSharepoint. This servlet provides an OSLC Catalog, Service provider, an example of Creation and Selection dialogs and a delegated UI for sharepoint documents.
Next, specify the Microsoft Sharepoint service for OData by updating sharepoint_uri, usually this is specified by appending "_vti_bin/listdata.svc" to your Sharepoinnt server. (e.g.: http://www.sharepointserver.com:20001/_vti_bin/listdata.svc_.
Next, specify the basic authentication (userid, password) for accessing the Sharepoint server at the address for sharepoint_uri.
Build the projects
- In the Eclipse Package Explorer view, select all the projects you've imported, right click, and select Maven->Update Project Configuration. Click OK.
- Run Maven Install on each project in this order,
- To run Maven Install,
- Expand the project
- Right click pom.xml and select Run As->Maven install.
- IBM JVM/JRE Users: There is an issue with m2eclipse and the the IBM JRE. If you have see the error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder when running a Maven install, you need to copy a newer slf4j api jar into your JRE directory to work around the issue until it is fixed:
- Download slf4j-1.6.2.zip and extract the zip.
- copy slf4j-api-1.6.2.jar from the slf4j distribution to the JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext directory
- See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=338252 if you are interested in the details
KW -> Instructions here for running and using the adapter