Building and running the Lyo OSLC Test Suite
- Eclipse 3.6 or higher IDE
- EGit team provider for git (recommended) or git command line package.
- m2e for Maven support in the Eclipse IDE
This page assumes you are using EGit.
Clone the Lyo OSLC Test Suite git repository
This example assumes EGit is being used
- Open the Git Repositories view in Eclipse and click the Clone Git Repository icon
- Use git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/lyo/org.eclipse.lyo.testsuite.git as the URI. User/Password are not required.
- On the Branch Selection page, select the master branch
- On the Local Destination page, specify a location or accept the default and click Finish
The repository should now show up in your Git Repositories view
Import Eclipse projects from the git repository
- In the Git Repositories view, right click org.eclipse.lyo.testsuite and select Import Projects
- Select the Import Existing Projects wizard and click next
- Select all components of testsuite (there should only be one right now)
Configure the OSLC Test Suites
The test suite config directory contains sample configuration files for different implementations of providers. Currently there are config files for the Reference Implementation for OSLC (RIO) implementations as well as some IBM Rational products such as Rational Team Concert and Rational ClearQuest. We are looking for config files for other implementations if you would like to contribute one. Just open a Bugzilla for the Lyo project and attach your config file.
This example will show configuring to test the Lyo Change Management (CM) reference implementation.
- open config/rio-cm/rio-cm-setup.properties
- typical properties which would need to be configured are the baseUri (the URI of the OSLC providers catalog resource) and the user/password
- For the CM RIO provider running on the same system as the test suite, the property file is fine.
Running the OSLC Test Suite
The test suite is run by running an Eclipse JUnit launch for test class org.eclipse.lyo.testsuite.server.DynamicSuiteBuilder. DynamicSuiteBuilder uses the information in the config file to determine the version of the tests (OSLC V1 or OSLC V2) and which test classes to include in the run. The config is passed to the test suite run with the -Dprops argument in the launch. The test suite project contains several launches already configured to run the suite based on the sample configuration files. We will run the launch to test the RIO CM provider.
- Select Run->Run Configurations and select JUnit
- Select the Test RIO-CM launch. Go to the Arguments tab and verify the config file location is correct
- Click Run
- The test suite should run fairly quickly and you will have results in the JUnit view of Eclipse similar to this:
- Failures will have an exception indicating the root cause of the failure.
See the test suite description for areas where we are planning improvements.