Linux Tools Project/New Subproject Checklist
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
- Java package names should start with org.eclipse.linuxtools.<subproject>
- Properly hide internal classes in internal packages. The internal classes should go into org.eclipse.linuxtools.internal.<subproject> namespace. Private packages should not be exported by the bundles unless marked as x-internal.
- View, editor and so on ids in plugin.xml should be in the form "org.eclipse.linuxtools.*"
- Public source code should be commented with proper javadoc. Project settings should be setup to warn developers about that.
- Project's web site should be enhanced by a new section for the subproject.
- End user documentation should be written in Eclipse wiki Linux_Tools_Project/User_Guides. Even non end user visible subprojects should have documentation describing it's usage.
- Each sub-project should have a doc plugin generated from the wiki page using Mylyn/Incubator/WikiText.
- Bugzilla component for the given subproject should be added.