The update site contains:
- OSGi Bundle Facet feature that introduces:
- A new facet OSGi Bundle for Dynamic Web, JPA and Utility projects.
- Wizard for converting WTP standard projects to OSGi Enterprise bundle projects:
- Dynamic Web projects to Web Application Bundle projects
- JPA projects to Persistent Bundle projects
- Utility projects and simple Java projects to OSGi Bundle projects
- Both options modify project's MANIFEST.MF in order to become a valid OSGi bundle.
The facet may be enabled during the project creation or after that from the Properties page of the project. The wizard is available from project's context menu Configure > Convert to OSGi Bundle Projects...
Note that you may need to adjust your target platform accordingly.
- WAR Products feature which provides WAR deployment for Equinox based applications
Create new Web Application Bundle
- Call the New Dymanic Web Project wizard: New > Project... > Web > Dynamic Web Project
- Enter the necessary project information like Project name, Target runtime, etc.
- Add the OSGi Bundle facet in the Configuration:
- Click on the Modify... button in the Configuration group.
- Choose the OSGi Bundle facet in the Project Facets dialog and click OK.
- Click Finish to create the Web Application Bundle project.