- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Obtaining Sources
- 3 Builds
- 4 How to propose and how to commit a patch
- 5 Get in touch
The Libra project enables you to use tools that integrate the existing WTP tooling and PDE tooling so that OSGi Enterprise applications can be developed with both tooling at the same time. It also provides you with tools for better experience in the Server-Side Equinox scenario.
Installation and Usage
The update site contains:
- OSGi Facet Feature that introduces:
- A new facet "OSGi Bundle" for Dynamic Web, JPA and Utility projects.
- Wizard for converting WTP standard projects to OSGi Enterprise bundle projects:
- Dynamic Web projects to Web Application Bundle projects
- JPA projects to Persistent Bundle projects
- Utility projects and simple Java projects to OSGi Bundle projects
- Both options modify project's MANIFEST.MF in order to become a valid OSGi bundle.
The facet may be enabled during project creation or after that from Properties page of the project. The wizard is available from project's context menu Configure > Convert to OSGi Bundle Projects...
Note that you may need to adjust your target platform accordingly.
- WAR Products Core Feature which provides WAR deployment for Equinox based applications
Libra build runs on build.eclipse.org via Hudson using:
- at least Maven 3.0.0
Maven Build Sequence
Complete build sequence for a clean build (assuming $M2_HOME/bin is on the path and local Maven repository at ~/.m2/repository):
[~/org.eclipse.libra/development/org.eclipse.libra.releng] $ mvn clean install
How to propose and how to commit a patch
The process for proposing and committing a patch is similar to this one. For more information, see the below described procedures.
How to propose a patch
If you want to propose a patch, follow these three quick steps to do that:
How to commit a patch
To commit a patch, proceed as follows:
- Apply the proposed patch
- Test the patch
- Commit the patch
- Setup push configuration with the following push URL:
- Push the patch
How to reproduce a build to a certain change list
Fetch to the specific change and build with Maven as specified above.