- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Obtaining Sources
- 3 Builds
- 4 How to propose and how to commit a patch
- 5 Get in touch
The Libra project enables you to use tools that integrate the existing WTP tooling and PDE tooling so that OSGi Enterprise applications can be developed with both tooling at the same time. It also provides you with tools for better experience in the Server-Side Equinox scenario.
Currently Libra supports only Eclipse Indigo. As a prerequisite you need to install Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers. After that install Libra from the update site
The site contains:
- OSGi Facet Feature
- WAR Products Core Feature
- WAR Products Core Feature provides WAR deployment for Equinox based applications
- OSGi Facet Feature introduces:
- A new facet "OSGi Bundle" for Dynamic Web, JPA and Utility projects.
- Wizard for converting WTP standard projects to OSGi Enterprise bundle projects:
- Dynamic Web projects to Web Application Bundle projects
- JPA projects to Persistent Bundle projects
- Utility projects and simple Java projects to OSGi Bundle projects
- Both options modify project's MANIFEST.MF in order to become a valid OSGi bundle.
The facet may be enabled during project creation or after that from Properties page of the project. The wizard is available from project's context menu Configure > Convert to OSGi Bundle Projects...
Note that you may need to adjust your target platform accordingly.
Sources are available in Git repository http://git.eclipse.org/c/libra/org.eclipse.libra.git/
In order to sync them locally, you may use EGit
Libra build run on build.eclipse.org via Hudson using:
- at least Maven 3.0.0
Maven Build Sequence
Complete build sequence for a clean build (assuming $M2_HOME/bin is on the path and local Maven repository at ~/.m2/repository):
[~/org.eclipse.libra/development/org.eclipse.libra.releng] $ mvn clean install
How to reproduce a build to a certain change list
Fetch to the specific change and build with Maven as specified above.
How to propose and how to commit a patch
The process looks like this. More details follow below.
How to propose a patch
How to commit a patch
- Apply the proposed patch
- Test the patch
- Commit the patch
- Setup push configuration with the following push URL:
- Push the patch