This page is the beginning of where we can begin our discussions on the CMDBf specification.
The CMDBf specification can be found here: http://cmdbf.org/
The COSMOS project intends to produce a reference implementation of a CMDBf Management Data Repository (MDR). The project will demonstrate how a client can use multiple MDRs through the CMDBf query interfaces and registration services to display information from multiple management systems. COSMOS will also create any additional infrastructure required to support the basic use case.
Basic Use Case
- Correct the picture: In the service broker, they both should be CMDBfQuery
- Add Management Domain to picture... maybe another use case for bootstrapping
- Need sequence diagram for use case
These are the high level requirements necessary to complete the implementation of CMDBf. We will break these down into bugzilla enhancement requests.
(Needs to be expanded on during the call... this is just a start....)
- How do we reconcile the registration of MDRs vs. the item relationship
- Do we need registration in the first round? Start with a focus on Query.
- Data Broker 197867: Need to design and implement the COSMOS DC Data Broker for i6
- WS-RC 198553: Provide an implementatin of WS Resource Catalog
- Client updates 197870: Need to design and implement the COSMOS DC client APIs
- UI work for sheldon
- Need to make sure that the IDs line up or that we have only simplistic means of aligning the different resources
- This gets into a bit of the taxonomies. May need simplistic mappings.
- MDRs look like Data Managers
- Implement the CMDBf as a Muse capability. Bind to the CMDBf API