Learn About Eclipse
This document provides a starting point for software developer who would like to learn about building products on Eclipse frameworks and APIs.
Getting Started with Eclipse Plug-in and Product Development
Learning about Plug-ins:
- Platform Plug-in Developer Guide
- Developing Plug-ins for Eclipse A complete course on Plug-in development.
- More Eclipse Plug-in resources...
The Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP):
- JFace JFace is a UI toolkit with classes for handling many common UI programming tasks.
- JFace Data Binding JFace Data Binding is a multi-threaded set of abstractions that allow for automated validation and synchronization of values between objects.
- Eclipse Forms: Rich UI for the Rich Client
- Understanding Layouts in SWT
- Taking a look at SWT Images
- Designing Accessible Plug-ins in Eclipse
- More Eclipse User Interface Technology Resources...
Other important services and technology:
- The Examples Project Examples of Eclipse technology in action.
- The Official Eclipse FAQs
- SWT Snippets Bits of code demonstrating how to use the Standard Widget Toolkit.
- More Eclipse Technology resources...
Perhaps the best way to learn about Eclipse is to ask questions. If you're not sure about where to ask a question, try the "New Comer" forum. Note that you'll have to create an account to contribute to the forum (you don't need an account to browse).
There is also a very large Eclipse contingent on Stack Overflow; tag your question with "eclipse".
This page is moderated by the EMO.