Jetty WTP Plugin/Jetty WTP External WebApp
Using an External Web Application
Sometimes it can be useful to use a web application that you created by other means than Dynamic WEB Project (for example, by using Ant).
For instance, the Jetty7 distribution provides a test.war which shows you the features of Jetty 7 (WebSocket..). Here we use this WAR without creating a Dynamlc Web Project to start it.
- Copy test.war from D:\Servers\jetty-distribution-7.1.6.v20100715\webapps </li?
- unzip test.war in D:\tmp :
- To open the launch, in the Modules tab, click Add External Web Module.
Fill the dialog like this :
- document base : D:\tmp\test
- Path : /test (it's the context path)
Click on OK button, test module must appear :
http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/ is available too. You can add/remove as you wish any Dynamic Web Project or External WEB Application.
If you go at http://localhost:8080/test/ This page show you Jetty home test war :