Jetty WTP Plugin
WTP Adaptor for Jetty 7.x/Jetty 8.x
The Jetty WTP Adaptor allows you to use Eclipse and it Web Tools Platform (WTP) to develop your web applications.
This document explains how use the WTP Adaptor for Jetty 7.x/Jetty 8.x to start/stop a WTP Dynamic Web Project (or external Web application) with Jetty by using Eclipse WTP. Eclipse JEE Helios is required. (Galileo is not supported.) The origin of this Jetty WTP Adaptor is the WTP Adaptor for Tomcat.
The WTP Adaptor consists of 3 plugins:
- org.eclipse.jst.server.jetty.core : central bits and pieces of the functionality
- org.eclipse.jst.server.jetty.ui : GUI components for integration with the Eclipse UI
- org.eclipse.jst.server.jetty.ui.websocket : GUI components that provide a wizard that generates a Jetty WebSocket
Installing the WTP Adaptor
To install the WTP Adaptor, complete the following steps.
- In the main Eclipse window, click Help -> Install New Software.
There are two different paths to installing the plugin.
For stable releases of the plugin install from the following url:
For the more bleeding edge versions of the plugin (each successful build on hudson):
- Creating a Jetty Server
- Setting up a Dynamic Web Project
- How to modify the Port
- How to use external webapp
- How to modify context path
- How to use websocket wizard
To report a bug with the WTP integration please open a bugzilla issue: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jetty
Patches are welcome, the plugins are setup so that you can import the project source within the Eclipse simply. In the Plugins View locate the bundle and right click -> Import As -> Source Project.