Difference between revisions of "Jetty/Starting/Downloads"
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
Revision as of 20:35, 23 September 2012
You can download Jetty as a distribution bundle, a Maven dependency, an OSGi bundle, or install it via a Debian/RPM distribution. When you download and unpack the binary, it is extracted into a directory called jetty-distribution-VERSION. Put this directory into a convenient location. The rest of the instructions in this wiki will refer to this location as either JETTY_HOME or as $(jetty.home).
- Eclipse Downloads
- Core Jetty Web Server (HTTP & Websocket)
- Core Jetty Servlet Container
- JNDI, JMX, OSGi, JASPI modules
- HTTP Client
JETTY_VERSION=7.5.0.v20110901 wget http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/$JETTY_VERSION/dist/jetty-distribution-$JETTY_VERSION.tar.gz tar xfz jetty-distribution-$JETTY_VERSION.tar.gz cd jetty-distribution-$JETTY_VERSION java -jar start.jar
- Codehaus Downloads:
- Hightide Application Server (Jetty WebServer plus EE features)
- Jetty with non-eclipse modules: JSP, Spring, Terracotta, Openspaces, etc.
- Jetty Maven plugin
- Debian, RPM distributions
- Older Jetty releases
wget http://dist.codehaus.org/jetty/jetty-hightide-8.0.0/jetty-hightide-8.0.0.v20110901.tar.gz tar xfz jetty-hightide-8.0.0.v20110901.tar.gz cd jetty-hightide-8.0.0.v20110901 java -jar start.jar
The distribution bundles from both Eclipse and Codehaus are available as Maven artefacts:
OSGi Update Repositories
Each jetty module has an equivalent jar containing the sources for that module. These sources jars have the same name as the binary jar, but with a "-sources" qualifier. These can be found on the maven repository at http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty in the relevant jetty module directories.
Additionally, we provide some handy binary and source jars that contain a useful mixture of classes. The list of these aggregate jars is at http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jetty/aggregate/.
- Debs: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/dist/jetty-deb/
- RPMs: http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/mortbay/jetty/dist/jetty-rpm/
Here's a quick rundown of the distribution's contents. The top-level directory contains:
- LICENSE-APACHE-2.0.TXT : license file for Jetty (Jetty 7 is dual-licensed)
- LICENSE-ECLIPSE-1.0.HTML : license file for Jetty (Jetty 7 is dual-licensed)
- META-INF : for packaging
- README.txt : contains useful getting started information
- VERSION.txt : Release information
- about.html : "About This Content" page from Eclipse
- bin : utility shell scripts to help run Jetty on unix systems
- contexts : hot deploy contexts directory
- etc : directory for Jetty configuration files
- javadoc : contains the javadoc
- lib : contains all the JAR files necessary to run jetty
- logs : directory for request logs
- notice.html : licenses information and exceptions.
- resources : directory containing additional resources for classpath
- start.ini : Default start arguments
- start.jar : JAR which invokes jetty-7 (see also How to Run Jetty)
- webapps : directory containing webapps which will be run under the default configuration of Jetty; contains demo webapps
Starting and Stopping