Jetty uses a few of different development trunks for its artifacts.
Primary Interest SCMURLs
These are the URLs to the GIT repositories for the Jetty code. For people who are working on the Jetty project, as well as for people who are interested in examining or modifying the Jetty code for their own projects.
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git - Jetty Project Repository
Build and Project Infrastructure SCMURLs
These are the URLs for Jetty-related code and metadata. These are not needed to use Jetty; these are primarily of use for people who are working with Jetty-the-project (as opposed to using Jetty-the-server in their own projects).
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.parent.git - Administrative pom.xml file
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.toolchain.git - Build related artifacts that release separately, common assembly descriptors, remote resources, etc.
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.sandbox.git - Non-mainline project development, working area for experimentation, etc
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.releng.git - Project definition for generating an eclipse p2 update site
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.admin.git - Files associated with the development of Jetty -- code styles, formatting, etc.
- http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.wtp.git - jetty wtp plugin
Jetty-7.x uses JDK6 to build. The artifacts produced are run-time compatible with JDK5. Jetty-8.x builds with JDK6 and produces artifacts that are runtime compatible with JDK6.
Jetty uses Apache Maven 3.x for managing its build and primary project metadata.
Building Jetty should simply be a matter of changing into the relevant directory and executing the following commands:
git clone <scm url> cd <new directory> mvn install
All relevant dependencies will be downloaded into your local repository automatically.
Building with Eclipse
This section remains to be written, but is basically a matter of installing m2eclipse for an equivalent eclipse plugin and importing the maven project.