Jenkins is a continuous integration (CI) server used on Eclipse servers for Eclipse projects as part of the Common Build Infrastructure (CBI). Jenkins instances are maintained by the Eclipse Webmasters/Release Engineer.
- List of Jenkins Instances Per Project (JIPP):
NOTE: JIPP instances are being migrated from a standalone implementation to a Kubernetes cluster implementation.
Jenkins @ Eclipse (JIPP)
Each Eclipse Project has access to one Jenkins instance (JIPP), including the following:
- (1) Jenkins instance, with (1) resources Base Pack (see below)
- Membership-sponsored projects may allocate more resources (see below)
- Digital signing Service: Java JAR, Java Cryptography Extensions, Windows Portable Executable with Microsoft Authenticode, macOS application bundles.
- Packaging service: Apple Disk Image (.dmg), Linux Flatpak
- Disk space: Ephemeral for builds, permanent for release builds.
- Access to worldwide download mirrors
Additional Resource Packs
Each Eclipse Project has access to one Base pack for building. For some projects, that may not be enough. Projects sponsored by Eclipse Membership (via Project Lead) have additional Packs, based on membership level. These packs can be allocated to projects.
- Some Packs are only available to Enterprise and Strategic members.
- Enterprise and Strategic members can engage with the Foundation to acquire additional Packs.
Resource Packs Included in Membership
Eclipse Foundation Member Organizations have access to Resource Packs above the Base Pack that is allotted to each Project, based on their membership level.
Assigning Resource Packs to a Project
Resource Packs are assigned by Eclipse Members to Eclipse Projects they sponsor (Members have a Project Lead on the Project). Packs are assigned as a whole to a single project (i.e., can’t split Packs across multiple projects). A <ember can assign several packs to a single project.
To assign a pack to a project, please file a Bug.
Asking for Help
- Need help actually building your code: ask your project mentors, or ask on the Common Build mailing list (cbi-dev). There are no dumb questions.
- Subscribe to cbi-dev here: https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cbi-dev
Requesting a JIPP instance
Please file a bug against Eclipse Foundation > Community > CI-Jenkins to request your project's own instance. Please ensure your project lead can +1 the request. Please specify if you wish to grant write access to your download or code repositories.