Java Workflow Tooling Project
JWT aims to provide both build-time and runtime generic tools for workflow engines. It is composed of several tools: the WE (Workflow Editor) to model the workflows and WAM (Workflow engine Administration and Monitoring tool) for monitoring and deployment. JWT also aims to provide generic APIs for defining and administrating business processes, in order to achieve said genericity. Addtionally, we will provide the user with several transformations: a user can start modeling his/her processes in BPMN, transform those to JWT, enrich them with technical details and then deploy them on a process engine. Therefore, we develop transformations from BPMN to JWT, from JWT to BPMN, from JWT to XPDL, from JWT to STP-IM, etc.
Resources on JWT
- JWT Website
- JWT Resources - Mailing list, newsgroup, original proposal and other sites
- Public Presentations, Press articles and conferences
- Architecture of JWT
- Telcos and Meetings of JWT
JWT Installation and Usage Documentation
- Download and install JWT
- latest release documentation : Workflow Editor Installation and Usage Tutorial v0.4.0
- (obsolete documentation) AgilPro 1.3.0 tutorial : Installation and usage of the AgilPro 1.3.0 workflow editor
- Download the current source code of JWT and try the latest features
JWT and AgilPro developer documentation
- Extending JWT - How to extend JWT through Plugins and available extension points. To go further :
- JWT Architecture: JWT architecture overview
- JWT Metamodel- JWT model core design, extensions and governance
- JWT WE architecture: Documentation about JWT/AgilPro, how the code is structured, how it is checked out from the SVN / CVS, how it is used...
- JWT WAM architecture: Alignment of JWT WAM and AgilPro IFW/AFW
- JWT Transformations - Compatibility tools with other standards and languages
- JWT Monitoring - Monitoring of Workflow Engines in JWT
JWT Contributor Documentation
- JWT DeveloperFAQ - General information about many recurring development and release tasks. Also :
- JWT Modification Guidelines - Information on how parts of the Workflow Editor can be modified / extended
- JWT Ramp-Down-Policy - all necessary informations to integrate JWT into Eclipse Releases
- JWT Automatic Build - how build is automated (releng)
- Writing tests in JWT
- Databinding in JWT
- Discussion about User Interface and HMI
- JWT and STP / STP-IM Discussion towards a common, consistent vision and tooling of BPM and SOA
- Design time validation and error checking
- Mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org): Subscribe and see archives at https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/jwt-dev
- Newsgroup : eclipse.technology.jwt on the eclipse.org news server, whose archives are available at http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.technology.jwt/maillist.html
- Bugzilla : All JWT bugs (including resolved ones)
- If you are interested in receiving bug messages in your bugzilla account : there are three dummy mail-addresses for the components of JWT, named email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com , so copy this comma-separated list in Prefs / Email settings to your user watch list in Bugzilla.
Roadmap & Release engineering
- JWT Ramp-Down-Policy contains all necessary informations to integrate JWT into Eclipse Releases
JWT Releases and Roadmaps
- JWT WE available on CVS - as of 2007/10/16
- JWT WE 0.4 : released on 2008/03/03. Release review slides : Release Review slides , approved on 2008/02/27.
- JWT WE 0.5 "Stabilization and Openness" (improvements of WE and bugfixes, UI extensions) : released on 2008/10/29. Release review slides : File:JWT Release Review 0 5 v4.pdf , approved on 2008/10/29.
- 0.6 JWT for Vendors (EMF aspects, completeness and consistency of extensions, first transformations) - aiming at the end 2008
- 0.7 JWT for SOA (more transformations, runtime APIs in WAM, service search UI, service applications model) - Start of 2009
- 1.0 JWT for Users (With comprehensive testing and documentation,and one or more advised target workflow engine working as well) - aiming at Galileo timeline (may 2009)
- JWT Automatic Build explains how build is automated.