On this page you can find information on how to use the applications of the Java Workflow Tooling kit. In addition to several introductive articles, also some of the more advanced topics like extending JWT's meta-model are discussed.
This document shows the installation and usage of the JWT Workflow Editor (WE) process modeling tool and how to extend and modify it to suit your needs. In addition we show how to execute and how to actually simulate or execute a process model.
We try to cover all aspects of JWT that are of interest for the user and reader of these documents. If there is another topic that you are interested in that is not covered in this description, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you're looking for technical information on how to extend JWT using the defined extension points, this can be found at Extending JWT.
This tutorial is currently adapted for JWT 0.6
These tutorials are intended for users that are new to JWT:
- Installing JWT
- The parts of the Workflow Editor
- Learn how to model your first process
- Adding technical data to the process
- Structuring processes using subprocesses
- Creating datatypes and guards
- Switching between different views
- Exporting and Importing workflow templates
- Exporting and Importing from and to other standards using Transformations such as BPMN, STP-IM, XPDL, etc.
- Setting the preferences of the JWT Workflow Editor
- Additional features
- Add additional actions to the toolbar
- Provide your own editor sheets
- Add your own property sheet pages to the property editor
- Register your own factories using the FactoryRegistry mechanism
- Reacting to double clicks on model elements
- Putting your own property editors in the properts sheet
- Listen to changes of EMF model elements
- Plug-in additinal transformations
- Extend the JWT meta-model to suit your needs
- Design your own views
- Using the view editor
- Changing the visual representation of model elements
- Register the view with the Workflow Editor
Enriching the Meta-Model
- What are aspects in JWT?
- How to add aspects to the meta-model