Difference between revisions of "JWT Metamodel"
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
=== Design ===
=== Design ===
This document [[
This document [[AgilPro_MetamodelDescription.pdf]] describes the metamodel of AgilPro as it is today (2007-02-21). This document will be the basis for discussions on all working groups who have requirements on the meta-model.
=== Metamodel comparisons ===
=== Metamodel comparisons ===
Revision as of 08:16, 17 March 2009
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Architecture
- 3 Current metamodel : JWT up to 0.5 and AgilPro metamodel
- 4 JWT Metamodel Aspects Extension
This page describes the architecture, requirements and discussions for the meta-model of JWT. Starting from the original meta-model of AgilPro, it summarizes all evolutions, extensions, wishes etc.
The JWT metamodel comprises
- a core workflow metamodel that is as generic as possible
- extensions that allow to provide specific additional features
- overall governance that allows extensions to coexist within the JWT ecosystem.
Its aim is to be a workflow metamodel that is as generic as possible.
Changes to the core metamodel should rather go in metamodel extensions, because they affect possibly all JWT users and must therefore be considered very carefully.
Metamodel extensions allow to provide specific additional features, be it UI like JWT views, runtime like a WebServiceApplication or other features like logging.
- Official JWT metamodel extensions : an official JWT metamodel extension is the standard for its domain model. To make your metamodel extension official, there must be none yet for its domain model, it must be approved by project leads and listed in JWT Metamodel Extensions/Official
- JWT Labelized metamodel extensions : if there is already an official JWT extension for your domain model, you can make it JWT labelized by implementing a two-way transformation to an existing official or labelized metamodel extension along with its transformation documentation and test kit, make it approved by project leads and list it in JWT Metamodel Extensions/Labelized
- extensions can obviously still be developed by anyone without being official or labelized, though their users can't be sure they'll be able to freely benefit from other parts of the JWT ecosystem, because of possible domain model specific incompatibility.
In order to become better and answer more user requirements, the JWT metamodel evolves. In order to avoid conflicts and compatibility problems, it does so in a governed manner, and with the help of tools such as an automated version converter.
- initial metamodel : JWT up to 0.5. This was originally AgilPro's metamodel.
- core metamodel and aspect extensions : JWT 0.6 (upcoming). Includes core metamodel improvements and the new aspect extension mechanism.
- externalized metamodel : later. The metamodel will be in its own plugin.
Current metamodel : JWT up to 0.5 and AgilPro metamodel
This document AgilPro_MetamodelDescription.pdf describes the metamodel of AgilPro as it is today (2007-02-21). This document will be the basis for discussions on all working groups who have requirements on the meta-model.
JWT Metamodel and XPDL 1.0
The document File:AgilPro Metamodel.pdf describes an initial revision of the document comparing the JWT/AgilPro metamodel with the XPDL 1.0 schema. It covers all the XPDL elements as well as the Bonita engine vendor specific extensions.
JWT Metamodel and BPMN
The document File:Comparison JWT BPMN v0 3.pdf describes the differences between the JWT Metamodel on the one hand and BPMN on the other.
JWT Metamodel and various others
A comparison with other meta-models (including BPM Guide's Simple BPM, BPDM, AgilPro, UML Activity Diagram, Event-driven Process Chains, List/Korherr's metamodel) as a result of an evaluation can be found in the following document: File:EvaluationExistingMetamodels.pdf.
JWT Metamodel Aspects Extension
- JWT Metamodel Extension documents how to use store custom information in (workflow) models using Conf, Profiles and Aspects.
- Aspects metamodel extension feature development - See bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241567
- JWT Metamodel Extension Specifications describes the initial specifications of the aspects metamodel extension mechanism :
- Extension Requirements and Use Cases
- Specification Alternatives Study
- Metamodel Extension Prototype - working samples (added 20080527)
- Metamodel extensions and JWT WE (added 20080527)
- Metamodel extensions and JWT Transformations - TODO
- Metamodel extensions and JWT Runtimes - TODO
- Technical specifications v1 (obsolete)
- Technical specifications v2 - See bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=241567 .