|Mailing List • Forums • IRC • mattermost|
|Browse Source • Project Set File|
The entire JSDT debugger is comprised of several bundles:
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.core - contains the JSDI specification an debug model elements.
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.crossfire (incubation) - contains a Crossfire implementation of the debugger.
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.rhino - contains a Rhino implementation of the debugger.
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.rhino.debugger - contains the Rhino debug hooks to connect to the Rhino interpreter.
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.ui - contains the shared UI presentation for the debugger implementations.
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.core.tests - contains related test cases for the debug core.
- org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug.rhino.tests - contains Rhino specific tests.
Rhino Debug Wire Protocol
To provide support for the Rhino interpreter, we had to create both sides of the coin - the debugger and the client. To facilitate communication between the debugger and the client we created an adapted version of v8 (JSON-based) packet communication. The complete specification for the RDWP can be found here.
The JSDI is used to provide a common way for our models and UI to communicate with a variety of debugger back-ends - write one UI + model and provide additional debuggers.