Difference between revisions of "JGit GSoc 2012"
(→Phase 3 (up to August 10, 2012))
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 13:09, 17 June 2012
JGit Command Line Interface
The Command Line Interface (CLI) in JGit mimics its CGit equivalent. However, there is more to it than just having a second tool doing the same thing. The JGit CLI is a perfect way to verify robustness of the JGit Command API. It can be also used to simplify writing JUnit tests.
The project would be about adding new CLI commands to the o.e.jgit.pgm project and vice versa ie translating some of the existing CLI commands/switches to JGit Command API. In addition, the student could help with randomized JGit tests.
- Project Page: JGit GSoc 2012
- Reporter: Tomasz Zarna
- Possible Mentors: Tomasz Zarna, Matthias Sohn
- Interested Student: Franziska Schmidt
- More info: jgit-dev thread
- Eclipse Project: JGit
Phase 1 (up to June 20, 2012)
- Research JGIT CLI code base - Complete
- Compile list of commands to update in this project - In progress
- Write script to automate comparison of JGit API and JGit CLI - In progress
Note: Phase 1 was extended to June 20 to some initial problems with set up, and overestimating available work time during travels.
Phase 2 (up to July 10, 2012)
- Implement first commands - - In progress
- Research automated and unit testing in JGIT
Some steps have been taken for Phase 2, including:
- Submitting bug reports to learn to use Bugzilla  - Complete
- Submitting trivial bug patch to learn to use Gerrit  - Complete
Phase 3 (up to August 10, 2012)
- Add additional new commands
- Use script from phase 1 to ensure new commands properly implemented
- Explore extended automated and unit testing in JGIT