JFace Data Binding/Conference Call Agenda 2007 11
Data binding conference call on November 14, 2007
Time: 12:00 EST Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Duration: 60 minutes
To call in, dial +1 866-842-3549 (or alternatively: +1 613-787-5018), then enter the conference ID: 8864297#
Participants: Boris Bokowski, Tom Schindl, Matt Carter, Kevin McGuire, Peter Centgraf, Matthew Hall, Dave Orme, Brad Reynolds Feel free to add your name to the list if you are planning to attend.
- Short introduction (I would like to get to know new people a little -- Boris)
- Reduce noise in bugzilla by closing obsolete bugs. There seems to be a lot of them, making it hard to know where contributions would be most helpful --Matthew Hall
- Priorities for 3.4 (Boris' suggestion)
- Improve documentation
- Sheperd existing (and new) contributions into the codebase, hopefully resulting in new committers
- Add sought-after features such as
- convenience API for creating bindings
- more reusable validators and converters
- cell editing support and nested attributes in tables
- support for trees?
- Cross-observable (i.e., mutually dependent) validation constraints (mentioned in bug 197807 --Matt Carter; working code will be posted soon). e.g.
- One or more observables in a set must have a value assigned.
- Value required for one observable if another observable has a value assigned.
- Values required for all observables in a set if any one observable in the set has a value assigned.
- Value not allowed for one observable if an any observable in another set has a value assigned.
- List of open bugs we want to tackle for M4, and 3.4 in general (Need this to focus my scarce time on the important issues -- Boris)
- bug 144260 CellEditor support and builder for viewers --Bradleyjames.gmail.com
- bug 203492 Binding builder investigation --Bradleyjames.gmail.com
- bug 197798 Provide support for Java 5 types --Bradleyjames.gmail.com
- bug 196785 Support for nested attributes in tables -- Boris
- bug 208858 better support for moves in observable lists -- Boris
- bug 180746 TextObservableValue should take a delay-argument -- Boris
Please add more items as appropriate.