Difference between revisions of "JET Transforms/Wizards for creating project meta data"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
'''2. Launch the
'''2. Launch the Examples Plugin Wizard'''
Revision as of 04:19, 4 July 2008
Starting a new project requires a lot of common code & meta data. For example: (1) .doc plug-ins/features, (2) .examples plug-ins/features, (3) .test examples/features, (4) .sdk feature, (5) .releng project.
Being able to generate these things from JET templates via wizards would make it much easier to get a project up and running. Such is the aim of this project.
This project is part of the 2008 Google Summer of Code.
- Student: Michael Robb
- Mentor: Nick Boldt
JET Transforms / Wizards
- .releng project
- .test feature/plugin
- .examples feature/plugin
- .sdk feature
- .runtime feature
- .doc feature/plugin (including sources & javadoc)
Generic JET-based wizard framework
As per Philippe's suggestion: Create a general purpose, extensible Sample project wizard, to create new samples for a language and a framework. Think of the new PDE plugin wizard (but general purpose) and based on JET.
The basic just with a few extension markup to be able to:
- present the title and description for the sample
- create a new project for the correct natures
- copy the sample files
- optionally process them through Jet based on input of extra custom pages
Just to quickly outline how this project is used, consider the following screen shots for creating a generic examples project:
1. Start a new project (File > New > Project...) and locate the Metadata Generation category
2. Launch the Examples Plugin Wizard
- As seems to be the case with many of these skeleton projects, little information is required from the user.
3. Enjoy a newly created examples project
- You now have a generic examples project skeleton ready to be further customized to your needs.
This is the general process that one will be able to follow for each of the project types mentioned earlier.
Getting the source
- Repository: :pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/technology
- Module: /org.eclipse.soc/athena/