JEE Status Meetings/2010-01-28
- Carl Anderson
- Angel Vera
- Kaloyan Raev
- Rob Stryker
- Jason Sholl
Java EE 6
- EJB 3.1 bugs of note: 241667 241668 299086
- Glassfish Java EE 6 wizards
- Java EE Tools plan
- EJB Tools plan
- List of Java EE 6 bugs that need to be rolled into the WTP 3.2 plan
Java (not EE)
- Creation/implementation of features/plugins that allow for Java project manipulation/export/deploy
- Move Java participants out of jst.j2ee bug 300425
- Move SingleRootUtil out of jst.j2ee bug 300429
- Migrate JEE export operations to use the FlatVirtualComponent Model 299576
- Migrate Java EE Deployables to use the new VCF traversal logic 297653 - Committed to WTP 3.2 M5
- Allow simple but extensible Virtual Component Framework traversal 296764 - Committed to WTP 3.2 M5
Server Tools Enhancements:
|293742||Discussion continue. Not in plan, yet|
|286699||Need to review. Not in plan, yet|
Carl: The first topic is Java EE 6- Kaloyan, did you have anything you wanted to say about this?
Kaloyan: Focusing on accessibility. We hope to be focusing on the two bugs in the agenda soon. We have not heard from Glassfish.
Carl: From our team, we plan on putting in web fragment support for M6. For the second topic, we are considering ways to abstract parts of Java EE tools to a more generic layer. Nothing has been determined yet - it is all still in the design stages. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Rob- do you want to say anything about Virtual Components?
Rob: We are waiting for export now, which we are waiting for Jason Peterson to finish. Otherwise, the deploy is in.
Carl: A question about that in regards to the previous topic - how hard is it to separate out of Java EE?
Rob: If we make a more generic interface, then we should be able to rework things out of Java EE. It could probably be done. Since all of this is new, nobody should be depending on the class names at this point. The SingleRoot has dependencies that check on Web projects and such- perhaps we could pass in a handler or somesuch.
Carl: Chuck isn't here- Rob, do you have anything to say about Flexible Modules?
Rob: Jason Peterson opened a bug about duplicate containers. Other than that, one of the big ones I noticed in the last week or two - variable referencing doesn't work very often. It does work for publishing, and not for export. So the new API is properly accounting for variable references. I wasn't expecting these changes to fix the variable reference issue, but it did.
Carl: The other topics- Angel, do you want to address the Server Tools bugs?
Angel: For the first one, there are still discussions ongoing. The next two bugs are fixed, as is the last one. The only one remaining that is not in plan is 286699.
Rob: Another issue is the generic server API using the new API we just provided to get the children. I'll open a bug on that one.
Rob & Angel: Discussion of the server bugs and the process involved.