JEE Status Meetings/2009-01-29
- Chuck Bridgham
- Carl Anderson
- Kaloyan Raev
- Kiril Mitov
- Java EE 6 in Galileo
- XML Schemas are still not published
- Java EE 6 support in Galileo
- The Java EE 6 XML Schemas are going to be published most likely somewhere in June 2009, which is months after Galileo feature freeze on March 20
- The XML Schemas are the input for generating the Java EE 6 models. There is no sense to provide any Java EE 6 support at all without these models. Therefore, the enhancement in bug 252613 will be reverted from HEAD.
- We should not wait for June 2010 for the next feature release. We could release the next version of WTP by the end of 2009, where Java EE 6 support will be provided.
- We should avoid branching in the CVS as much as possible. We could start this end-year release as soon as Galileo is released and postpone development on the post-Galileo simultaneous release until the end-year release is finalized. This schedule should be discussed in the PMC.
- Focus on Galileo
- There is lots to be done in the Java EE 5 field and we should concentrate on this in M6.
- Write mode for Java EE 5 models
- Enhancements in the Java EE Module Dependencies page.
- Ease of Use theme in the plan