JDT weaving features
Starting with version 1.6.2, AJDT will be shipped with the JDT weaving plugin. This plugin uses Equinox Aspects to weave into JDT (more specifically, the org.eclipse.jdt.core, org.eclipse.jdt.ui, and org.eclipse.jdt.debug.core plugins).
This provides an opportunity for deep integration with Eclipse in ways that were not possible before. This release introduces the following features:
- ITD-aware reconciling/eager parsing (in both Java and AJ editors, this means that red squiggles will not appear when referencing ITDs)
- ITD-aware content assist (for now only in *.aj files in AJ editors)
- ITD-aware type hierarchies (for now only super-type hierarchies can be calculated with ITD-awareness)
- Ability to search for aspect elements using standard Java search and Open Java type
For information on how to use the JDT weaving plugin to provide deep integration with plugins and editors for other Java-like languages, see JDT weaving implementation.
Weaving AJDT is only available for Eclipse 3.4. Use the update site:
Installing from this update site will automatically install Equinox Aspects from a separate update site. Additionally, the install will update your config.ini file to allow the weaving service to be enabled at startup.
Due to Bug 257178, it is currently only possible to install Weaving AJDT in the same directory that Eclipse itself is installed in.
To see if the JDT Weaving plugin is properly configured:
- Create a new aspect in an AspectJ project and save.
- Open the Open Types dialog (Ctrl-Shift-t on Windows).
- Type the name of the new aspect.
- If it appears, rejoice! The JDT weaving plugin is now working.
Uninstall Weaving AJDT in the same way you uninstall any other Eclipse feature:
Help -> Software Updates -> Installed Software
Select AJDT, and click Uninstall.... This will also uninstall Equinox Aspects and reset your config.ini to its previous state.
Running Weaving AJDT without JDT Weaving
It is possible to disable the weaving service and still run AJDT 1.6.2. However, all the advanced features will be disabled.
Preferences -> JDT Weaving
Click the button and restart the workbench. The weaving service can be restarted in the same way.
Alternatively, to disable manually, you can edit the file eclipse/configuration/config.ini. Delete the line that looks something like this: