Intent is a proposed new open source project under the Mylyn top-level project. Intent's creation review succeeded the 17 March 2011, has successfully passed Initial Contribution and is now leading toward a first release.
You can still read the proposal and send us feedback, or check out Intent website.
The main purpose of Intent is to allow developers to easily write a documentation up-to-date with any development artifact (models, code, environment…). The documentation, integrated with other Eclipse tools, then becomes truly useful and is no longer a burden that developer have to carry to please their customers or their project manager.
Based on Donald Knuth’s Literate Programming concepts and allowing collaborative work around design tasks, Intent will be presented at Eclipse Con Europe 2011.
"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs: Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do."
Donald Knuth, Literate Programming (1984)
The following pages provide an overview of the Intent project :
- User FAQ - if the answer your are looking for is not here, just ask the question
- [[Intent/Installation_Guide|| Installation Guide] - How to install Intent
- Tutorials - Tutorials to get started with Intent
- Developper FAQ - if the answer your are looking for is not here, just ask the question
- Further Readings - books, articles and scientific papers used to create Intent
Intent is an Eclipse based product created and developed by the Eclipse Strategic Member Obeo
. It is meant to be aligned with the Eclipse release train of Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo).
Currently in incubation phase, it is meant to be released under the Mylyn's Docs project.