Install and run the snapshot build
This wiki page is used to explain how to install and use the latest snapshot with Eclipse3.3. Since the current 0.4.0 S-build (http://www.eclipse.org/stp/downloads/downloads.php) has some major problems, we suggest to use the snapshot build instead.
For user's convenience, i created a all-in-one package to download at the end of this wiki page.
(Last updated on Apr 16, 2007)
Where to get stp build
- STP snapshot from cvs
- Eclipse 3.3 M6
Plugins from other Eclipse projects
*dtp_1.0M3 *emf-sdk-xsd-SDK2.3.0M6 *emft-query-SDK-1.1M5 *emft-transaction-SDK-1.1M5 *emft-validation-SDK-1.1M5 *GMF-sdk-1.0.3 *JEM-SDK-1.2 *mtd-ocl-SDK-1.1M5 *wtp-sdk-S-2.0M5 *GEF-SDK-3.3M6
- Apache CXF plugin for JAX-WS development: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse3.1-plugin/2.0-incubator-RC-SNAPSHOT/cxf-eclipse3.1-plugin-2.0-incubator-RC-20070419.003306-14.zip
- Apache Tuscany plugin for SCA development:
Pre-requisites SOA runtime
- JAX-WS runtime: Apache CXF
- SCA runtime: Apache Tuscany SCA Java
- Apache Tomcat (Install only if you want to deploy the generated service to Tomcat Container)
Tyler Anderson wrote a good article about Use the Eclipse SOA Tools Platform plug-in to build and deploy a Web service
Eclipse 3.3 runtime
If you are using Eclipse 3.3, please read Eclisep 3.3 runtime options for STP.SC
About the update sites
We are still working on those update sites:
- Eclipse STP update site, coming soon...
- Apache CXF update site, coming soon...
- Apache Tuscany update site. ?
You can download the STP all in one package from here:stp_all_in_one04092007.zip
Just copy all plugins from that package to your eclipse3.2 installation.
* We only support eclipse3.2 for now. * Please set the java compiler to jdk 1.5 in preference page (1.4 and 1.6 are not supported) * Need to install CXF runtime to test the JAX-WS functions. * The tutorial has been tested with Tomcat 5.5
Three known issues for the all-in-one package:
* Can't set the JAX-WS runtime directory and soap12 binding from project's properties. But set from Preference page works fine. * The Document/Lit/Bare doesn't work. This is caused by a bug in Apache CXF runtime. So If you are following Tyler's article, please give @SoapBinding(Document/Literal/Wrapped) annotation on web service class. * The HTTP/REST style client has problem, will give HTTP 500 error in the runtime. But the standalone client run from Eclipse works fine.