Install and run the snapshot build
This wiki page is used to explain how to install and use the latest snapshot with Eclipse3.3. Since the current 0.4.0 S-build (http://www.eclipse.org/stp/downloads/downloads.php) has some major problems, we suggest to use the snapshot build instead.
For user's convenience, i created a all-in-one package to download at the end of this wiki page.
(Last updated on Apr 16, 2007)
Where to get stp build
- STP snapshot from cvs
- Eclipse 3.3 M6
Plugins from other Eclipse projects
*dtp_1.0M3 *emf-sdk-xsd-SDK2.3.0M6 *emft-query-SDK-1.1M5 *emft-transaction-SDK-1.1M5 *emft-validation-SDK-1.1M5 *GMF-sdk-1.0.3 *JEM-SDK-1.2 *mtd-ocl-SDK-1.1M5 *wtp-sdk-S-2.0M5 *GEF-SDK-3.3M6
- Apache CXF plugin for JAX-WS development: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse3.1-plugin/2.0-incubator-RC-SNAPSHOT/cxf-eclipse3.1-plugin-2.0-incubator-RC-20070419.003306-14.zip
- Apache Tuscany plugin for SCA development:
Pre-requisites SOA runtime
- JAX-WS runtime: Apache CXF
- SCA runtime: Apache Tuscany SCA Java
- Apache Tomcat (Install only if you want to deploy the generated service to Tomcat Container)
Tyler Anderson wrote a good article about Use the Eclipse SOA Tools Platform plug-in to build and deploy a Web service
About the update sites
We are still working on those update sites:
- Eclipse STP update site, coming soon...
- Apache CXF update site, coming soon...
- Apache Tuscany update site. ?
You can download the STP all in one package from here:stp_all_in_one04092007.zip
Just copy all plugins from that package to your eclipse3.2 installation.
* We only support eclipse3.2 for now. * Please set the java compiler to jdk 1.5 in preference page (1.4 and 1.6 are not supported) * Need to install CXF runtime to test the JAX-WS functions. * The tutorial has been tested with Tomcat 5.5
Three known issues for the all-in-one package:
* Can't set the JAX-WS runtime directory and soap12 binding from project's properties. But set from Preference page works fine. * The Document/Lit/Bare doesn't work. This is caused by a bug in Apache CXF runtime. So If you are following Tyler's article, please give @SoapBinding(Document/Literal/Wrapped) annotation on web service class. * The HTTP/REST style client has problem, will give HTTP 500 error in the runtime. But the standalone client run from Eclipse works fine.