Install and run the snapshot build
This wiki page is used to explain how to install and use the latest snapshot with Eclipse3.3. Since the current 0.4.0 S-build (http://www.eclipse.org/stp/downloads/downloads.php) has some major problems, we suggest to use the snapshot build instead.
For user's convenience, i created a all-in-one package to download at the end of this wiki page.
(Last updated on Apr 16, 2007)
Where to get stp build
- STP snapshot from cvs
- Eclipse 3.3 M6
Plugins from other Eclipse projects
*dtp_1.0M3 *emf-sdk-xsd-SDK2.3.0M6 *emft-query-SDK-1.1M5 *emft-transaction-SDK-1.1M5 *emft-validation-SDK-1.1M5 *GMF-sdk-1.0.3 *JEM-SDK-1.2 *mtd-ocl-SDK-1.1M5 *wtp-sdk-S-2.0M5 *GEF-SDK-3.3M6
(Updated 04/25, link to cxf plugin to eclipse stp site for temp use, since plugin from apache has problem)
- Apache CXF plugin for JAX-WS development:
- Apache Tuscany plugin for SCA development:
Pre-requisites SOA runtime
- JAX-WS runtime: Apache CXF
- SCA runtime: Apache Tuscany SCA Java
- Apache Tomcat (Install only if you want to deploy the generated service to Tomcat Container)
Tyler Anderson wrote a good article about Use the Eclipse SOA Tools Platform plug-in to build and deploy a Web service
Eclipse 3.3 runtime
If you are using Eclipse 3.3, please read Eclisep 3.3 runtime options for STP.SC
About the update sites
We are still working on those update sites:
- Eclipse STP update site, coming soon...
- Apache CXF update site, coming soon...
- Apache Tuscany update site. ?