Install and run the snapshot build
This wiki page is used to explain how to install and use the latest snapshot build. Since the current 0.4.0 S-build (http://www.eclipse.org/stp/downloads/downloads.php) has some major problems, we suggest to use the snapshot build instead.
For user's convenience, i created a all-in-one package to download at the end of this wiki page.
Johnson Ma (Apr 09, 2007)
Where to get stp build
Plugins from other Eclipse projects
- Eclipse EMF-SDO-XSD SDK
- Eclipse GEF SDK
- Eclipse JEM SDK
- Eclipse WTP SDK
- Eclipse GMF Runtime
- Eclipse DTP SDK
- Apache CXF plugin for JAX-WS development: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse3.1-plugin/2.0-incubator-RC-SNAPSHOT/cxf-eclipse3.1-plugin-2.0-incubator-RC-20070306.200920-6.zip
- Apache Tuscany plugin for SCA development:
Pre-requisites SOA runtime
- JAX-WS runtime: Apache CXF
- SCA runtime: Apache Tuscany SCA Java
- Apache Tomcat (Install only if you want to deploy the generated service to Tomcat Container)
Tyler Anderson wrote a good article about Use the Eclipse SOA Tools Platform plug-in to build and deploy a Web service
About the update sites
We are still working on those update sites:
- Eclipse STP update site, coming soon...
- Apache CXF update site, coming soon...
- Apache Tuscany update site. ?
You can download the STP all in one package from here:stp_all_in_one04092007.zip
just copy all plugins from that package, to your eclipse3.2 installation.
- We only support eclipse3.2 for now.
- Please set the java compiler to jdk 1.5 in preference page (1.4 and 1.6 are not supported)
- Need to install CXF runtime to test the JAX-WS functions.