An IRC bot named KOS-MOS has recently been created using the Eclipse Communication Framework project's Bot Framework. The bot sits in the Freenode IRC Eclipse channels and is intended to help make the lives of everyone in the channel a little easier by being able to access Bugzilla and provide helpful links that users often needs to go to such as the Eclipse platform's APIs.
For any questions, please contact rcjsuen on IRC.
The bot is hosted on ecf.eclipse.org. KOS-MOS is currently ONLINE.
- Host: ecf1.osuosl.org
- Repository Path: /ecf
- User: anonymous
- Password not required
- Connection type: pserver
- Module: plugins/org.eclipse.ecf.presence.bot.kosmos
- CVS Path: :pserver:email@example.com:/ecf
KOS-MOS is set to autojoin the following channels on Freenode (irc.freenode.net):
The bot's source code is currently hosted at ECF's OSUOSL servers. Until we resolve bug 180585 and host it at eclipse.org, it will likely stay there.
Due to the implementation of bug 201751, the list of available commands is constantly in flux. We are investigating a way to provide the list of commands online. We thank you for your patience.
Please add all feature requests for the bot in this section if you are not providing a patch. If you have a patch for the new functionality, please file a bug to bugzilla under the ECF product and with a summary prefixed with '[bot]' instead of adding them here.
- Would like to see a set of commands supported for every project...e.g.
- ~ecf javadocs
- ~wtp home
- ~dsdp wiki
- IRC session logging and control...e.g. ~startlogging, ~stoplogging, ~sendlog
- Execute commands only if sender user has permission to do so
- Commands for project build: start build, run tests. Restricted by channel and user.
- ~newsgroup eclipse.tools.emf genmodel generation (support querying newsgroup for relevant threads 182606)