IAM Target Platform
< To: IAM Environment
Setting up the Target Platform
This page describes the process for setting up the target platform used to build IAM.
Create the base folder
Create a `target-platform` folder somewhere in your filesystem.
Install a new eclipse SDK
- Download the SDK from:
- Install on your `target-platform` folder
You should get the `eclipse` folder inside your `target-platform` folder.
Install the required bundles
The attached unix shell script used P2 to download the required bundles. TODO: refactor as an ant script.
Download the script to your `target-platform` and run it from there. It will take some time to download all the required bundles.
- Most bundles come from ganymede update site. TODO: specify versions to avoid changes wiht maintenance releases.
- AJDT is downloaded from their own update site (not available on ganymede).
- Some bundles are downloaded from Orbit (uses `curl`)
Configure a target definition
Target platforms are managed through target definition files. You will need to set up your own target definitions.
- Start your eclipse (i.e. do not use the new installation you've just set up)
- Create a new (simple) project. You can name it `Target Platform`
- File > New > Other... > Plug-in Development > Target Definiton
- Enter `iam-ganymede` as the name of the file
- Set Target Name to `IAM Ganymede`
- Set Target Location to your `target-platform/eclipse` folder.
- Click on Set as Target Platform (you will need to repeat this last step if you change the bundles installed on your target definition).