|Hudson Continuous Integration Server|
|Mailing List • Forums • IRC|
|Community Meeting 05-March-2012|
Add or comment on agenda items here, just prefix the item with your name so we can identify you on the call:
- 2.x release?
- [henrik] I got two bugs submitted with patches,(https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371312 & https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371313) but I haven't had any reaction on them. Am I missing some step in the submission process or are people just busy with other tasks?
- [henrik] we should clarify system requirements
- Java version ?
- Capabilities of container ? (Java EE 5 web container?)
- [henrik] performance work
- I have seen high load causing lock congestion in java.text.MessageFormat / java.util.Concurrency (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=372679) I have tried to look at the code but I cannot seem to find a nice way around it. first of it is stapler features, secondly the messageformat class seems to always instantiate the sub formats, so no way to cache them. Any ideas?
- When hudson is stressed it gets really slow at serving files e.g. downloading a artifact is 5-10 times slower than loading in apache/scp. How do we best debug this, so that core developers have something to go on, and how can we improve the situation ? (can we siwtch to nio for master/slave communication? or use better streaming format?)
- I suggest that many of the resources which does not change often, is written to disc and served from there instead of being processed/calculated on every request. I suggest we create a "component" (service) where plugins can register a url to match,a file to serve and a expiration time. what do you think of this idea.
- Infrastructure Machines
- [henrik] Room for sonar install (we really need this)?
- [Duncan]Eclipse Migration
- SVN-Plugin decision. With the last discussions on this we had two options on the table.
- Bundle the SVN plugin and dynamically load SVNKit on first run
- Externalize this into GitHub rather than Eclipse managed core (Manfred was in favour of doing this with all the Source Control plugins)
- Groovy externalization
- Antlr upgrade