The Eclipse Foundation runs a Hudson continuous integration server that eclipse hosted projects can take advantage of for their builds. Currently this is hosted here: https://build.eclipse.org/hudson, but due to stability issues a new 'stable' instance has been created and is hosted here: https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson . The Hudson server allows for the execution of Continuous Integration Builds, Nightly Builds, Integration Builds, Release Builds, and Testing. The 'stable' Hudson instance is maintained by the Eclipse Webmasters. The planned Hudson sandbox instance will be maintained by the eclipse community. Job creation will be limited to committers and admin rights are administered by the community as a whole.
Migrating to the 'new' Eclipse.org Hudson service
If you have a build that is currently running on the 'unstable' Hudson instance(hosted on https://build.eclipse.org/hudson) and you wish to move to the Hudson instance managed by the Foundation(hosted on https://hudson.ecipse.org/hudson) you will need to file a bug against community->hudson with a subject like 'Move job job-name to hudson.eclipse.org'. Webmaster will then import the job and close the bug. Please note that the stable instance does not provide the same plugins as the unstable instance. You may also need to update your job configuration to account for differences in the Hudson deployment.
Hudson for Committers
- Build in Hudson - Information on requesting jobs, running jobs, setting up builds.
- RCP apps with Buckminster on Hudson
- Building an Eclipse project (Teneo) with Buckminster and Hudson
- Athena Common Builder on Hudson
- Maven on Hudson
- How to....
Hudson for Administrators
Duties of Administrators
- Hudson upgrades and restarts
- New Hudson accounts
- Add plugins
- Set policy for Hudson usage
- Watch changes to this wiki page
- Monitor the Hudson Inbox.
Who are the Adminstrators
- Nick Boldt
- Kim Moir
- David Carver
- Thomas Hallgren
- Chris Aniszczyk
Please add other known administrators.
Hudson for Distributed Builds
- Testing on Multiple Platforms
- What is the Test-Slave Node?
- How do I use the Test Slave Node to run Tests?