This page lists projects that we might like to work on someday. It also includes open issues pages.
Shallower, More Accessible Areas
The following tasks are things that newcomers to the project can volunteer to work on:
- Website and Wiki Backlog
- Getting the GTK and Cocoa Selectors to build as executables for Linux and OSX
- ISIP Interop Issues --open issues related to ISIP spex and interop with CardSpace
- We have developed an iPhone thin-client selector that works with an OpenID/AX OP server. This could be ported to:
- Windows Mobile
IdAS RESTful APIs
We'd like to develop protocol adapters that will expose IdAS as a web service using existing APIs including:
- Portable Contacts
IdAS Context Providers
We are always looking for help building “Context Providers” (CP)s. These “adapt” existing data sources into the Higgins IdAS service. We have them for LDAP directories (thanks to Novell) and we have one almost done (by a team at Oracle) for Google Contacts. We have a crude prototype of a Facebook CP. But we'd like lots more:
- OpenSocial CP
- CPs for communications systems (e.g. Skype, so your Skype contacts appear in a Higgins Context or perhaps an CP for Eclipse Communications Framework (ECF)),
- CPs for desktop applications (e.g. Making your Outlook contacts, or Apple Contacts contacts appear in a CP), for collaboration systems (e.g. IBM/Lotus Notes, Exchange), etc.