Helios System Requirements and Architecture
This document is tentative and subject to change without notice.
JSF 2.0 Support
The Helios release will introduce system level support for JSF 2.0. This includes updates to:
- Facet and library framework support for JSF 2.0 projects.
- The XML catalog (after requisite IP review) for new XML schemas.
- The application configuration EMF model (facesconfig) for new XML elements introduced in the release.
- Supported web.xml configuration concepts.
- The JSF Tag Registry, which will become the authoratative source of information about JSF tags (both JSP and Facelet).
- Component tree rendering for the addition of the rendering target concept and an API to retrieve component ids that are in use.
New JSF 2.0 concepts to be supported by the system are:
- Annotation-based configuration of JSF artifacts.
- Implicit navigation rules formulated from supported action source tags.
- Design time support for the JSF resource loading concept.