Hackathon Karlsruhe 2017 November
1st Eclipse Hackathon in Karlsruhe!
A Hackathon is your chance to meet with contributors and other interested developers to improve Eclipse projects. We expect you to know how to develop in Java. No previous Eclipse development knowledge is required.
Don’t miss out and see how other people work on Eclipse. Find areas where you may want to contribute to Eclipse to improve your favorite framework or IDE feature or simply put your questions to the attending committers.
What is typically done at an Eclipse-Hackathon:
- work on and contribute to the Eclipse source code
- new features are tested in the Eclipse IDE
- new Eclipse bug reports are opened or existing reports are being validated
If you are an Eclipse user, contributor or committer, we hope this event will be a lot of fun for you. Attendees can hack away with the help of experiences Eclipse developers and can help to improve the Eclipse platform and its projects.
So, bring your laptop and be ready to do some coding!
Date and Time
The event will be held at the 15.11.2017 and start at 18 o'clock. You can attend as long as you want to. The event will most likely not last longer than 23 o'clock.
Please register prior to the event. Either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or put your name down here on the wiki page. Registration is open until the 12.11.2017.
- INIT GmbH sponsors the location. (Swags, Food & Beverages)
- vogella GmbH supports with committer resources
You choose what you hack during the event. For inspiration, the following projects might be interesting.
- Eclipse UI planning bugs: Eclipse 4.7 planning bugs
- Eclipse platform: List of bugs to fix.
- e4 Tools: List of bugs to fix.
- EGIT: List of bugs to fix.
- Bug 496355: Application.e4xmi elements.
It will be helpful if you register already with Gerrit contributions and make yourself familiar with the Eclipse platform. See lists of resources for further information.
List of resources
- Free edition of contributing to Eclipse book from Lars Vogel: You may start at chapter "II. Preparing code contributions to Eclipse platform"
- Tutorial about Eclipse platform development
- How to configure your user to contribute via Gerrit
- Eclipse plug-in development tutorial
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending, please add your name and email address to the list below. We use the address to notify you in case something changes. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to the organizers.
Email distribution list to get info
We announce the next dates always on the Eclipse Hackathon mailing list. Use the following link to register for it: Eclipse Hackathon email distribution list
Wording inspired by https://wiki.eclipse.org/Hackathon_Hamburg_2017_July and Vancouver Hackathon 2012 Vancouver