In this event you can join the Eclipse community to help improving Eclipse. No previous Eclipse development knowledge is required.
In this event you can learn how to help Eclipse by:
- hacking the Eclipse source code
- testing Eclipse
- validating Eclipse bug reports
If you are an Eclipse user, contributor or committer, we hope this event will be a lot of fun for you. Attendees can hack away with the help of experiences Eclipse developers and can help to improve the Eclipse platform and its projects.
So, bring your laptop and be ready to see some code!
Date and Time
23.01. starting at 17:30 Uhr and as long as we have fun.
This Eclipse Demo Camp is being sponsored by:
- The Eclipse Foundation (Swags, Food & Beverages)
- Hapag-Lloyd AG sponsors the location
- vogella GmbH (Swags, Food & Beverages)
You choose what you hack during the event. For inspiration, the following projects might be interesting.
Eclipse platform List of bugs to fix.
e4 Tools List of bugs to fix.
It will be helpful if you register your user already for Gerrit contributions and make yourself familiar with the Eclipse platform. See lists of resources for futher information.
- Philip Wenig, OpenChrom
- Marco Pöhler
- Frank Gasdorf
- Simon Scholz, vogella GmbH
- Lars Vogel, vogella GmbH
Who Is Attending
If you plan on attending, please add your name and email address to the list below. We use the email to notify you in case something changes. If you have any trouble with the wiki, just send an email to the organizers.
- Tobias Baumann, Hapag-Lloyd AG
- Dalibor Topic, ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
- Harald Albers, HS - Hamburger Software
Ralph Bergmann xing, google+(sick)
- Stefan Winkler, Freelancer
- Stefan Nöbauer, KGU-Consulting GmbH
- Jörn Iwersen, KGU-Consulting GmbH
- Denis Zygann, KGU-Consulting GmbH
- Felix Heppner, oose Innovative Informatik eG
- Matthias Mailänder, LADR Lebensmittelanalytik
- Mike L., LUNAR GmbH
- Hilger Steenblock, BTC Embedded Systems AG
- Martin Lippert, Pivotal (have to leave early, so just walking in quickly)
List of resources
- Tutorial about Eclipse platform development
- How to configure your user to contribute via Gerrit
- Eclipse plug-in development tutorial